Drilled while pitching...

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
...in the foot.

I wear more body armor than RoboCop, and I'll be damned if some guy doesn't go and drill me in the instep Friday nite.

And InB4UseYourGlove...I'm 6'4"...it's a long way from my glove to my shoe.

Anyway...cool story bro'.

Last edited:

eyerolleddapiec

Loves Balls
they make metal doe covers you can use when you go to facilities that require steel toes but you dont own the boots. they slip on and off easily.

deKilla

Coach
My coed pitcher is 6-5 300+ lbs, anything hit from thigh down he is in trouble. Pretty much zero mobility lol :D

Superstar555

Addicted to Softballfans
My foot swelled up pretty good and I have a bruise the size of my fist, but otherwise I'm OK.

I'm rocking these next week ;) :

218_screen_crossfire2srs-blackblack-low.jpg

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm 6'4" and have no problem getting low. Maybe after the pitch you should squat down a little bit...get into fielding position.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Squatting is all you can do. You can't drop faster than the pull of gravity. I don't like getting too low though, it messes with the perspective of all the other hits too much.

PHXCobra

Addicted to Softballfans
Had something similar happen last Wednesday. This was the aftermath as of last night. It hit the dark spot higher up on the leg there and occasionally it still stings for a few seconds even if nothing is touching it.

null_zps2129d56d.jpg

Chimpy

Star Player
I took one off my arm 3 weeks ago and that area on my arm is still hurting today, really sore. No bruise or anything, just sore. I'm wondering if there was some internal muscle damage or somethign, it's odd. I've never had an injury like this still hurting 3 weeks later. Luckily, it's on my non-throwing arm.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
I took one off my arm 3 weeks ago and that area on my arm is still hurting today, really sore. No bruise or anything, just sore. I'm wondering if there was some internal muscle damage or somethign, it's odd. I've never had an injury like this still hurting 3 weeks later. Luckily, it's on my non-throwing arm.

Possible fracture? Might want to go see your doc...

ccsoftball7

Addicted to Softballfans

It might be a bone bruise...if so, it will take it quite some time to heal.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
it's a fact. Pitch long enough and you WILL get hit.

this^^^

Fortunately I have only been hit twice in 15 years/1000+ games. Unfortunately, one was with an OG Ultra and 51/500+ compression ball right above the ankle, the other was with an OG Pumpkin and 44/375, hit the pitching rubber, off my glove, and into my cheek:eek:

cjstang34

Buckshot
I agree, you pitch long enough, you will get hit no matter how fast you think you are. This is my first full year of pitching, I believe I've been hit in ever body part but my head. Haven't had one yet that has took me out of game but in freedom have had a few bats thrown out

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is also a good argument for not pitching in trail shoes. Actual turfs and other athletic shoes with a toe cap will give you much more protection on batted balls than any plain trail or running shoes will.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
That sucks bro. Last night my first AB for league night I was trying a new grip ob the bat (drop 2 fingers and and 2 finger over lap from my top hand, cant control it yet) and I drilled the pitcher in the thigh. I felt like ****. It was a church team too!

Chimpy

Star Player
I took a nasty one this past winter - right off the front of my foot. My big toe and small toe are still messed up from it.

baseman

in your face nancy grace
I took a pitch to the ankle in modified a couple years back and it still has moments where it hurts. The doctor said nothing they can do about it.

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
A buddy of mine wears catcher shin guards for protection down low under softball pants. Those are the hardest to get , for sure getting in a good fielding position is key, never still trying to back peddle , cuz when going back you cant get the glove all the way down to protect your feet /lower shin area. Thats when i see most guys drilled below the knee level.

DC427

Silver Slugger
Still, backing up might give you a better chance of taking one below the knees as opposed to above the shoulders.