Dual stamp bats?

mooseface82

Addicted to Softballfans
I am playing in a ASA league this year and mostly just play usssa everything else. I was wondering if I should just buy a Asa only bat or if there is any good dual stamp bats that guys use in both sanctions. I haven't played ASA since they changed the bat standards. Thanks.

mooseface82

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a bunch of bats now. I usually swing endload bats. I was manly asking for a couple of my teammates that were asking me about dual stamps. And the only one I swung was the red derby boys. I like a 2 piece bat but ain't against a one piece.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Just about any Combat or DeMarini will be a great bat. IMO they make the best dual stamps on the market right now. Just gotta choose what fits you.

erdy147

Addicted to Softballfans
Grab a Future or Legacy. Future if you like the E.L.

2nd this on the Future. I use it for my ASA league in the cooler weather, it is very nice...you would like it. Need to break it in a little though and once you do it will preform nicely.

awatkicker24

Part Time Player
My future was spitting fire out of the wrapper and hits both ASA and utrip balls really well. I also have a dual stamp super z that's starting to come in nicely.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
My USA future is coming along nice. It's between 3 - 400 hits. Still not as hot as my OG future was yet. A teammate broke out a dual stamp Z4 about a month ago and alot of teammates were using it and liked the feel. Will take a couple hundred to get going though. We were using 44/375's. Really want to try a dual stamp combat. Not to popular around here as I haven't seen much of them.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
If you use a future...then went to another bat for a while ... Then pick up the future again... Could you say that you went back to the future ?

Great Scott!

MAB

The Rookie
Just be aware of the fact that no dual stamp bat will perform as well as an ASA only or USSSA/NSA bat because of how their testing procedures are. No matter what a rep tells you, it's impossible.

ju25

Addicted to Softballfans
My Derby Boys 275 and VTS Survivor can hang with my ASA only bats and are just a little behind my USSSA bats.

Akij987

I have both the USA future and a 2015 legacy, love them both. I swung them all year for Usssa and during cold weather for ASA.

M

MJL 00

Just be aware of the fact that no dual stamp bat will perform as well as an ASA only or USSSA/NSA bat because of how their testing procedures are. No matter what a rep tells you, it's impossible.

My USA Future performs right there with my Insane Blackout IMO. But might be me guess. 16 One is very hot have to see what it dos after bout 200-300 hits

MAB

The Rookie
ASA tests with a .52/300 ball and Utrip tests with stadiums. The bat is either going to be a really good ASA bat and a ****ty USSSA bat...or a ****ty ASA bat and a good USSSA bat. You can't have both due to the vastly different balls used in testing. If you're hitting the classic M plus balls (.52/275) then the Future is a good option.

TonyB

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a Mizuno No Doubt from the SBF Store. Performs well in USSSA and ASA, and hard to beat the discount price. It does swing extremely light, though. The 28 feels like a 27 but swings like a 26.

Ballisttic

Star Player

You have not hit a future yet have you?

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Or any of the Combat dual-stamps, or a Super-Z dual-stamp, or a No Doubt...

ASA tests with a .52/300 ball and Utrip tests with stadiums. The bat is either going to be a really good ASA bat and a ****ty USSSA bat...or a ****ty ASA bat and a good USSSA bat.

So a bat can only hit one type of ball well? And today's utrip bats are made strictly for Classic M's or Classic+ balls. Classic+ is .52/275, virtually identical to ASA's .52/300.

You can't have both due to the vastly different balls used in testing. If you're hitting the classic M plus balls (.52/275) then the Future is a good option.

Classic M plus balls, huh? You obviously have a firm grasp on this subject. :rolleyes:

MAB

The Rookie

I have not, but that's beside the point. As I said in my previous posts, the testing procedures done by USSSA and ASA are vastly different in terms of which balls are used. USSSA uses stadiums (which means you won't see the bat's full potential unless you play in a tournament that uses stadium balls, as the balls for the regular Joe's like us are much softer) and ASA uses .52/300 Hot Dots.

That being said, in order for the Future to pass both standards, it would have to be toned way down on the .52/300 balls for it to pass USSSA testing. Let's say that it passes ASA testing at 97.94 mph (the highest legal limit; ASA rounds up) and then goes to USSSA testing. If it can send a .52/300 ball nearly 98 mph, do you not think that it would completely exceed the 1.20 BPF scale (which is extremely close to 98 mph) when tested with a Stadium ball?

I also apologize for adding 1 letter into the "Classic M Plus" description. That's what we refer to the .52/275 balls around these parts.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Have you ever hit a .52 with a Legit, DC41, Torq, Greinert, etc? There is very little, if any, difference between a top-tier USSSA bat and an ASA-only bat with those balls.

MAB

The Rookie
Then that would mean that the bats would fail USSSA testing with a Stadium ball, correct? If a dual stamp bat hits an ASA .52/300 98 mph then how can it hit a Stadium at 98 mph too?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Then that would mean that the bats would fail USSSA testing with a Stadium ball, correct? If a dual stamp bat hits an ASA .52/300 98 mph then how can it hit a Stadium at 98 mph too?

It doesn't. It hits the Stadium with 1.2x more rebound than a solid object. You're comparing two completely different test procedures. One measures the absolute maximum exit speed of a very specific bat/ball collision, one measures the factor that an impact speed is increased by a given bat. Nowhere does the BPF 1.20 test give a specific exit speed. In practice, they work out to pretty much the same performance with the same ball.