DUKE wins

3XC

Big Truss
There is also a basketball team in Cincinnati. Let me guess. You've always been a hardcore Duke fan, because they win.

Go whoevers good.

3XC

Big Truss
Duke fans, like Yankees fans, are usually emotional charity cases. Question why you need to identify with a successful sports team hundreds or thousands of miles from where you live, in a state you've been to once. I mean, really look hard and ask why you need vicarious success in your life. Why do you need external events to provide validation, which you then choose to wear as a badge to the world. Hey look at me everybody, I'm a winner too.

Maybe you should focus more on improving yourself and becoming the sort of person others respect and admire. Its a lot harder than buying a hat with a sports teams logo on it, but then again, if you were worth admiring you wouldn't need to advertise your borrowed self-worth to strangers.

ntz

tricknollegy
what if the op graduated from duke and lives in cincinatti, have you considered that at all. he could be an executive at krogers and has a sweet box at the great american ball park, and now he's not going to invite you to the box to watch a game, or if he does he's not going to get the catering package, or if he does get the catering package, he's not going to spring for beer, or if he does spring for beer it's only going to be domestic light beer

Stretch19

Grow up
what if the op graduated from duke and lives in cincinatti, have you considered that at all.

nope, a duke grad would have used proper punctuation in their signature and if they did in fact work at Ford, they wouldnt be offering schmucks on SBF a discount through their avatar

ntz

tricknollegy
3xc post about grafting sports teams successes on to your own personal happiness is richer than a whole box of entenmann's double chocolate donuts.

3XC

Big Truss
I lead a seminar on hate theory for postdocs at Duke, and still teach a cohort of grad students every spring on the phenomenology of hating. My original grad school thesis at Cambridge was under Viscount Hately, whose research into throwing shade revolutionized the late 20th century Western tradition of being salty. I then came back to the States and was a research fellow at Columbia's Institute of Beef, which gave me that East Coast bias and plenty of back east New York gun talk.

Stretch19

Grow up
I was a professional hater that rooted against Dallas, Washington, and Philadelphia.

fair enough...always wondered who ravens fans pulled for prior to them coming back to B'more, well the ones who werent around to see them leave anyways....kinda like who the fugg did all the Nats fans root for before coming to DC?

just about everyone i grew up with, who never watched/played baseball as a kid, is now a Nats fan...gtfo

3XC

Big Truss
3xc post about grafting sports teams successes on to your own personal happiness is richer than a whole box of entenmann's double chocolate donuts.

I can get on a 10 speed and pedal my ass to the home stadiums of all the teams I like in under 60 minutes. I don't root for whoevers good.

Stretch19

Grow up
I lead a seminar on hate theory for postdocs at Duke, and still teach a cohort of grad students every spring on the phenomenology of hating. My original grad school thesis at Cambridge was under Viscount Hately, whose research into throwing shade revolutionized the late 20th century Western tradition of being salty. I then came back to the States and was a research fellow at Columbia's Institute of Beef, which gave me that East Coast bias and plenty of back east New York gun talk.

go ahead and shut SBF down for the rest of the day...its not going to get any better than this

3XC

Big Truss
fair enough...always wondered who ravens fans pulled for prior to them coming back to B'more, well the ones who werent around to see them leave anyways....kinda like who the fugg did all the Nats fans root for before coming to DC?

just about everyone i grew up with, who never watched/played baseball as a kid, is now a Nats fan...gtfo

Baltimore Colts fans either revolted against the NFL in general and didn't come back until the 00 Super Bowl, or became Steelers fans because they were beating the Colts asses in the 80s and 90s, or Dallas fans because they were winning and not the Redskins.

The misnomer is that Colts fans became Redskins fans. None of them did. Their kids did. People between 30 and 40 or so who grew up where I did are often Orioles and Skins fans. Very common. By comparison, I know exactly zero Ravens/Nats fans.

hedge

life takes guts
I like how arod comes back from his ban and just plays ball. That's disrespectful to the hater nation

ntz

tricknollegy
just because you've never moved anywhere in your entire adult life and still live in the same 10 mile radius you grew up in does not make you a better fan than the op who went to duke and gives back to the athletic department, making donations each and every year to the tune of 25k+ and gets his name in the team program once a year.

Stretch19

Grow up
Baltimore Colts fans either revolted against the NFL in general and didn't come back until the 00 Super Bowl, or became Steelers fans because they were beating the Colts asses in the 80s and 90s, or Dallas fans because they were winning and not the Redskins.

The misnomer is that Colts fans became Redskins fans. None of them did. Their kids did. People between 30 and 40 or so who grew up where I did are often Orioles and Skins fans. Very common. By comparison, I know exactly zero Ravens/Nats fans.

i know one guy who is a ravens/nats fans...thats all i got

3XC

Big Truss
just because you've never moved anywhere in your entire adult life and still live in the same 10 mile radius you grew up in does not make you a better fan than the op who went to duke and gives back to the athletic department, making donations each and every year to the tune of 25k+ and gets his name in the team program once a year.

He didn't go to ****ing Duke. You're being daffy.

ntz

tricknollegy
i think he did and you just cost yourself two reds playoff tickets this year. keep it up and he's not going to invite you to the bengals ravens game this year.

hedge

life takes guts
My homie john was gonna go to duke but went to gonzaga instead. He lives in Portland now and still reps the Timberwolves.

3XC

Big Truss
i know one guy who is a ravens/nats fans...thats all i got

I didn't care much about the Nationals until the MASN flap. Now I hate them and consider them vermin. Angelos could have blocked the move, instead he was given guarantees and concessions by the Expos, now they are reneging on pretty much all of them.

Don't sign a contract and agree to something and then immediately default on it and claim to be the victim.

For Orioles and Ravens fans, their hated sports teams are the Yankees and Steelers. For the Orioles and Ravens organizations, their hated teams are the Nationals and Bears, for business reasons. Steve Bisciottis off the record comments about Jerry Angelo and the Bears are pretty funny. They're lying turds as well.

3XC

Big Truss
i think he did and you just cost yourself two reds playoff tickets this year. keep it up and he's not going to invite you to the bengals ravens game this year.

He sells cars for a living, if he has a bachelors degree from Duke I'll buy you a crispy fresh 5950 of your choice. He has to substantiate it though, I don't fall for fake diplomas posted on SBF, like 7UP I never have and never will.