Dumb Ump Tosses Bat and Breaks It!

TEX1959

Addicted to Softballfans
i just went out and measured to the roofline on my 2 story house to the patio.
measures 17.5 feet
so you are saying he threw this bat the equivalent of a 4 story home at 35 feet or a 5 story or better at 45 feet????????
i call BS on that.
Pics of said backstop or TOTAL BS on that height
but i would expect if he tossed some 20 feet and it landed as said i would pretty much expect it to break

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
Does the umpire even know he broke the bat? Maybe if he didn't know that would be the reason he isn't apologizing for it. Have you talked directly to the umpire ?

HAT MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
I love trolling on here. Ump breaks bat and its the height of the throw in question. Love it!

Seriously though, as an ump and player that has to be the dumbest ump I have ever heard of. In AZ we are General Contractors and would be responsible for breaking that bat.
I would say look you cant just take someones property and throw it in the air. Give me $125.00 for the value of the bat and we wont need to go to small claims etc. If he is still an arse follow him to his vehicle and kick in the driver door.... stand back and assess the damage....then say looks like about $125.00 in damage we are even.

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
i just went out and measured to the roofline on my 2 story house to the patio.
measures 17.5 feet
so you are saying he threw this bat the equivalent of a 4 story home at 35 feet or a 5 story or better at 45 feet????????
i call BS on that.
Pics of said backstop or TOTAL BS on that height
but i would expect if he tossed some 20 feet and it landed as said i would pretty much expect it to break

I find it fascinating that this story intrigued you that much that you actually went out and measured your roofline to verify this story either way.

So now for height verification you want the poster to go take a picture of the backstop to prove something to you or you call TOTAL BS, and we all know the consequences of that. Its almost as bad as na, na, na, na, na, na.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Real question is how do we not have more broken end caps on the 40 foot bat flip?

TrainWreck209

Hardcore since '84
I find it fascinating that this story intrigued you that much that you actually went out and measured your roofline to verify this story either way.

So now for height verification you want the poster to go take a picture of the backstop to prove something to you or you call TOTAL BS, and we all know the consequences of that. Its almost as bad as na, na, na, na, na, na.

ding ding ding.

but seriously. **** this ump, **** your bat, and now i know how high 30 feet is.

Last edited:

Pancho9

Addicted to Softballfans
I love trolling on here. Ump breaks bat and its the height of the throw in question. Love it!

Seriously though, as an ump and player that has to be the dumbest ump I have ever heard of. In AZ we are General Contractors and would be responsible for breaking that bat.
I would say look you cant just take someones property and throw it in the air. Give me $125.00 for the value of the bat and we wont need to go to small claims etc. If he is still an arse follow him to his vehicle and kick in the driver door.... stand back and assess the damage....then say looks like about $125.00 in damage we are even.

Best way to solve it I agree Vinny you always have the answers lol

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm no lawyer either, but I don't think a subcontractor completely absolves them, and I don't think their answer of "take it up with him" is appropriate either.

It probably does in most states. To some degree I think it should. They didn't tell the ump to do something stupid, so why should they pay out to the guy the ump injured. By the same token, if my employee is blatantly harming my customers you can bet I'll fire him in a second and/or the cost of making the customer happy will he taken from his paycheck. Regardless of how far up the ladder they can be legally held responsible, I'm not impressed with the answer of just leaving it between the ump and the injured party.

Last edited: