E- bay seller warning

I wouldn't buy from E-Bay user CWhitt57. I bought a demarini from him a few months ago. It was a buy it now with 10 or 11 bats left. I paid via paypal immediatley after auction. He gave me several different ship dates in the following week and couldn't pin one down. I got the feeling he was waiting for the bat to come in. I asked for an exact ship date or a refund and he started yelling at me, busy time of year, hundreds of bats shipped a week, blah blah blah, and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. He gave me the refund rather than give me a ship date and I purchased the bat for $1 more from another seller and it was shipped the same day. When I 1rst purchased the bat he'd had all positive comments for a long time, but by reading his recent reviews I see others are having similar experiences. He left a negative feedback for me today and called me a moron in it. No big deal, just kind of struck a nerve because I followed through with my commitment and he didn't, but he leaves me negative feedback and calls me a moron.

Last edited:

Strat

RealFLNative said:
I wouldn't buy from CWhitt57. I bought a demarini from him a few months ago. It was a buy it now with 10 or 11 bats left. I paid via paypal immediatley after auction. He gave me several different ship dates in the following week and couldn't pin one down. I got the feeling he was waiting for the bat to come in. I asked for an exact ship date or a refund and he started yelling at me, busy time of year, hundreds of bats shipped a week, blah blah blah, and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise. He gave me the refund rather than give me a ship date and I purchased the bat for $1 more from another seller and it was shipped the same day. When I 1rst purchased the bat he'd had all positive comments for a long time, but by reading his recent reviews I see others are having similar experiences. He left a negative feedback for me today and called me a moron in it. No big deal, just kind of struck a nerve because I followed through with my commitment and he didn't, but he leaves me negative feedback and calls me a moron.

report him to ebay!!!!!!!!

bsmac25

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought two Demar 375's from him last month and everything went fine. He did mention in his email that the F2's were on back order, even though I hadn't purchased one. I think it was a standard email that is sent out to all buyers. He is ok in my book

I do not know him either so pls do not make that reference

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I bought a 375 from him a few months back and it went smooth as silk. Maybe it's just a busy time of year for him? Like bsmac said, I don't know him personally but I didn't have any problems at all.

He did say it was busy and he was understaffed, but that's not my problem. He promised shipping in 2 days then gave me the run around for 7 days before I told him I wanted an exact ship date or my money back. He chose to send my money back. From his recent reviews I'd say some others have similar experiences to mine. If he'd shipped when promised I would have had the bat for 7 more league games and a tourney, and I wouldn't be out the $6 or so that paypal charged me.

BBBD1969

Bigger than the game.
I hear ya RFN. That's why I try to do the bulk of my softball shopping in the winter and beat the mad rush of Spring.

RealFLNative said:
He did say it was busy and he was understaffed, but that's not my problem. He promised shipping in 2 days then gave me the run around for 7 days before I told him I wanted an exact ship date or my money back. He chose to send my money back. From his recent reviews I'd say some others have similar experiences to mine. If he'd shipped when promised I would have had the bat for 7 more league games and a tourney, and I wouldn't be out the $6 or so that paypal charged me.

If he had just done a refund of the original transaction you wouldn't be out any cash at all.

I'm not a big time e-bayer or pay pal user, but when he refunded the money to pay pal they charged me a percentage for the transaction which came to about $6 I think.
BBBD, would look here first now if I needed anything, but I was new to the boards back then and wasn't sure.

FireGuyQ

Not sure if this is the same guy or not, but awhile back someone else on the board reported difficulties exactly like yours w/ a seller from ebay. From your description of the event, it sounds like it is the same guy. Nothing personal against the guy, but how can you call someone a moron because of your own incompetency. If you tell someone you are gonna ship on a date and you don't, you are the one that is incompetent. Not the person waiting for the item. Then to do it several times....

Bottomline, if he didn't have the item in, he shouldn't have been trying to sell what he didn't have. Or at a very minimum, there should've been something in the auction that clearly states that the item is being back ordered. At least then, you would know not to expect the speedy delivery that SHOULD come from quickly paying at the end of an auction.

Let me get off of my soapbox now....

RageXIII

Addicted to Softballfans
Another seller to watch out for...

Ebay id: rootsca

I paid for a 30oz ST1-Z on April 6th and never heard from the seller again. I've sent a couple of emails and tried calling him also, but with no luck either way. He lives 64 miles from me, so that can't be an excuse. Luckily I paid with a credit card through paypal and have since filed a complaint with paypal and refuted the charges with my credit card company. I'm glad I didn't send a money order or check, I'd be screwed.

homer2210

Addicted to BrewerHatGuy
oh crap, where was this last week
i ordered a 375 from him and hopefully it should arrive today.
ya'll got me scared now, i've had bad deals with people in the past and
i don't want anymore!!!!!!!!
why is there no more trust left in the world, or honest people?

stud#27

Addicted to Softballfans
I had problems with CWHITT57 myself.I put out a bid for a Rayzr ,but then I got outbid the last day for $180 (in which Id never pay that for a rayzr) so I ended up finding an 03 F2 for $160.Then this guy comes back a week later and says that I won the bid and I owe him $180.After reporting this to ebay,they backed me up and was reported to him that I didnt place a bid for that amount.But he still put a negetive comment out there on me.

For the record, I took my refund and purchased the same bat on E-bay from user: Instant _Replay_Sports. I paid $5 more for the bat but $4 less in shipping charges. He shipped the bat the day I ordered it and told me that in the future if he didn't have what I wanted listed that he'd list it for me.

Lo0NeYMaN30

Gods Son
No Trust

I have a hard time trustign anyone so I try not to do alot of biz on the net. The only person right now that I trust on the net is Big Vick. I have been doing biz with him the last couple of weeks. You just dont know if the guy on the other side is trying to srew you or not.