E Worlds Bracket

rifle

Stuntastic Player
They'll just play another association and continue to play down. Just look at the awards history. It tells the whole story.

http://www.usssa.com/sports/IndividualAwards.asp?teamid=1586550

:rolleyes:

It doesn't tell the whole story. Some of those people listed on the awards section were not on the final roster or on the field in Disney (Bruce, Drew come to mind). Were they a legit E team? By the rules, I would say so. Were others questionable as well? Sure, it always happens. Until every state follows and interprets the rules the same, it will always happen.

T8S

Addicted to Softballfans
sandbagging is by definition playing lower to win something....those other teams that were that good choked IMO

They won the right to be bumped up to D if they finished in the top 10%. ;)

Sandbagging
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look up sandbagging in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Sandbagging may refer to:
Deceiving someone by pretending to be weak.
Sandbagging (racing), a driver deliberately drag races or qualifies slower than what the car can actually perform
Sandbagging (budgeting), a manager deliberately overstates financial requirements with the intent of coming in under-budget, thus being praised.
Sandbagging (golfing), a player deliberately plays poorly until establishing a handicap and then raises his money bets, using the established handicap to unfairly win
Sandbagging (climbing), a climber describes a route as being easier than it actually is
Sandbagging (chess, Go, billiards or other such games), a player who deliberately lowers his competitive rating, in order to play in a future event with a lower rating and consequently have a better chance to win.
Slow play (poker), deceptive play in poker
Sandbagging (fantasy sports), a manager intentionally talks down certain players to trade at a discounted "price".

Country35

Banned User
They won the right to be bumped up to D if they finished in the top 10%. ;)

Sandbagging
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Look up sandbagging in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
Sandbagging may refer to:
Deceiving someone by pretending to be weak.
Sandbagging (racing), a driver deliberately drag races or qualifies slower than what the car can actually perform
Sandbagging (budgeting), a manager deliberately overstates financial requirements with the intent of coming in under-budget, thus being praised.
Sandbagging (golfing), a player deliberately plays poorly until establishing a handicap and then raises his money bets, using the established handicap to unfairly win
Sandbagging (climbing), a climber describes a route as being easier than it actually is
Sandbagging (chess, Go, billiards or other such games), a player who deliberately lowers his competitive rating, in order to play in a future event with a lower rating and consequently have a better chance to win.
Slow play (poker), deceptive play in poker
Sandbagging (fantasy sports), a manager intentionally talks down certain players to trade at a discounted "price".

yep, exactly, playing E to look weak when your a better team....I feel better about going 1-2 with my ****ty e team then if I woulda went 5-2 and almost won it with a d team.

T8S

Addicted to Softballfans
It doesn't tell the whole story. Some of those people listed on the awards section were not on the final roster or on the field in Disney (Bruce, Drew come to mind). Were they a legit E team? By the rules, I would say so. Were others questionable as well? Sure, it always happens. Until every state follows and interprets the rules the same, it will always happen.

So they had less then 4 players on their team that would qualify as D or higher cause that's the rule. If we go off that award history I would say your argument would be wrong.

rifle

Stuntastic Player
So they had less then 4 players on their team that would qualify as D or higher cause that's the rule. If we go off that award history I would say your argument would be wrong.

Again, by rules, they were approved to play E. I don't know of a national player ranking or classification system. They had a few move ups from last year and the remainder played E last year and were not on a forced moved up team. So by the current system, they were legally allowed to play E. They were "forced" to reconfigure their roster earlier in the season, which they did. They have been a topic on conversation locally since February when the roster came out. They had an excellent in-class record of 47-7, but 6-7 against D's, 1-1 against C, and 0-1 against B. To me, that suggests they were properly classified.

Regardless of who won, this would be a topic of debate, I get it. I also agree that the system has been flawed for years now. A quick peek at the #'s supports this. The lower the level, the higher # of teams.

Last edited:

Country35

Banned User
Again, by rules, they were approved to play E. I don't know of a national player ranking or classification system. They had a few move ups from last year and the remainder played E last year and were not on a forced moved up team. So by the current system, they were legally allowed to play E. They were "forced" to reconfigure their roster earlier in the season, which they did. They have been a topic on conversation locally since February when the roster came out. They had an excellent in-class record of 47-7, but 6-7 against D's, 1-1 against C, and 0-1 against B. To me, that suggests they were properly classified.

Regardless of who won, this would be a topic of debate, I get it. I also agree that the system has been flawed for years now. A quick peek at the #'s supports this. The lower the level, the higher # of teams.

around .500 against D teams tells me they are a D team....should be more like 2-11 if its a "true" e team....if you can compete around .500 against the class above you, you should be playing that class. Teams playing in the right class should have winning %s between .350 and .650 IMO

bis25

Throwin hunnits
so they get to sandbag this weekend and win Worlds North as well? Alot of pressure to win it all in front of your home crowd.

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
guess you can pull a pipe or steamrollers, try it out and then when you get raped reclassify to E. you might want to stay in E, me and nick might put together a D team and prolly run the island. ijs

Hap716

Addicted to Softballfans
When you go 47-7 in class, there is no competition in E for you. Must be fun beating up on teams every weekend. So what you might be a middle of the road D team at least you'll have some competition because obviously you had close to zero in 2011.

Country35

Banned User
When you go 47-7 in class, there is no competition in E for you. Must be fun beating up on teams every weekend. So what you might be a middle of the road D team at least you'll have some competition because obviously you had close to zero in 2011.

exactly.......

bis25

Throwin hunnits
guess you can pull a pipe or steamrollers, try it out and then when you get raped reclassify to E. you might want to stay in E, me and nick might put together a D team and prolly run the island. ijs

You might be the only team registering on the island. ijs

rifle

Stuntastic Player

Had Sierra Vista (.811), G Muzik (.824), etc won it, we would be having the same conversation. Until U$$$A figures out a way to better classify teams or players, this will be the same topic of discussion. The D and C winners will receive the same criticism, no doubt.

Pitch Perfect

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Having played these guys all season, I can tell you that those 7 losses came in the last 2 months of the season including States and Nationals. They got caught up to in state and won a lot of games against trams before they even took the field in May and June. I personally think they are playing in the class they belong, and aren't invincible, but they played out of their minds in Florida and did exactly what they had to do to erin a ring. It may rub people the wrong way but this conversation would be had about almost any team in the top 7 if any of them had won. Good job Trust

Country35

Banned User
Having played these guys all season, I can tell you that those 7 losses came in the last 2 months of the season including States and Nationals. They got caught up to in state and won a lot of games against trams before they even took the field in May and June. I personally think they are playing in the class they belong, and aren't invincible, but they played out of their minds in Florida and did exactly what they had to do to erin a ring. It may rub people the wrong way but this conversation would be had about almost any team in the top 7 if any of them had won. Good job Trust

did the roster stay the exact same all year.....if it did they really should have bumped long before state bro, if you wanna be real about it.

Hap716

Addicted to Softballfans

So roughly they were 38-0 before state and nationals....lol

bis25

Throwin hunnits
did the roster stay the exact same all year.....if it did they really should have bumped long before state bro, if you wanna be real about it.

when was the last time a State Director bumped a team in the middle of the year? We had three E teams last year all with winning % better than .684 (63-26, 52-24, 50-16) and only one voluntarily played D this year.

Country35

Banned User
when was the last time a State Director bumped a team in the middle of the year? We had three E teams last year all with winning % better than .684 (63-26, 52-24, 50-16) and only one voluntarily played D this year.

it happens here in VA.....saw a bump this year actually. If a team wins an NIT or something big, WTF not move up at that point, its only gonna help scedeing via points when the team drops down and sandbaggs later in the year.

Big Moult#24

Addicted to Softballfans
Way to go Harbor out of Maine. Finished 17th and played 3 of the top ten teams and had a 3-2 record. 5 games and 3 teams in the top ten WoW!!! No easy games this past weekend.

bis25

Throwin hunnits
it happens here in VA.....saw a bump this year actually. If a team wins an NIT or something big, WTF not move up at that point, its only gonna help scedeing via points when the team drops down and sandbaggs later in the year.

Thats cool that your State Director gives a ****. Ours will let you pick up players from a class higher then let you drop.