Easiest/Strangest Warranty Return Ever

Hiltz

Built for comfort
First time I've ever had to deal with Easton CS, just wanted to share my experience and see if it was typical.

My 2015 Torq has a whole bunch of paint flaking and recently developed a crack. I contacted Easton via Live Chat on their website. "Michelle" responded within about a minute, I told her that my Torq was cracked and I asked if I could get a different model for a return as I didn't like the spinning handle. She told me I could request any current model besides the new Helmer Flex line. I just had to fill out the RA request and make a note in the Special Comments box (decided on the black/gold Helmer). Awesome.

I filled out the RA request form online and hit send, then dug out my receipt and hologram sticker and taped them to the bat, anticipating having to box up and send it back to Easton. Being in Canada this would cost about $35, but whatever, worth it for a new bat. Was about to go in the basement and search for an appropriate cardboard box when I got an email from Easton:

"Thank you for contacting Easton!

I will be more than happy to assist you with your warranty claim, normally we would require for you to send in your bat, however this time we will not require it. All I would need is for you to respond back to this email with pictures of your damaged bat, and of the receipt, once I have this information, I will go ahead and send out the replacement. You may go ahead and dispose the damaged bat to your liking, let me know if you have any other questions, have a great day.

Thank you,
Jamie Hooper Customer Service Representative
ADDRESS. 634 N. Challenger Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
PHONE. 888.259.1297"

So not only do I save the time and money from not having to mail my cracked bat back, I got to choose a completely different model for my return AND I get to keep the cracked bat as a BP beater! Got a response from Easton's Live Chat within 1 minute of contacting them, and got an email from the warranty department within 30 minutes of filling out the online RA form. Top-notch CS right there.

milesej05

The Rookie
Nice!

I wouldn't imagine they get too many warranty returns on their bats. They probably just figured you were messing with them. ahah

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I must say Jamie Hooper is top notch cs rep, I recently had to contact Easton and she is just great to deal with.. First time I've ever had to deal with Easton cs and it was a good experience..

Hiltz

Built for comfort
UPDATE:

Apparently the pictures I sent exceeded the attachment size limit and they didn't get the pic of my receipt. Their response:

"I have placed the order for your replacement bat. In order to ship it to you sooner I have set it up as a one-time replacement without a receipt. Once you send me a picture of the receipt I will update our records."

They're sending the replacement bat without the picture of the receipt, then when I send them the picture, updating their records in case I need to use the second return. I've never heard of another company being this accommodating, absolutely stellar CS.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I've had this exact scenario happen twice with Demarini in Canada last year with the Utrip Aftermath Flippers. They went above and beyond without ever asking me for the cracked bats to be returned. Pics sufficed.

The cracked bats were donated to the teams in a super rec beer league we play in that clearly did not have comparable bat game to the rest of us. They're still kicking for them with the sawtooth cracks not growing. Because it's self umped, the other teams agreed never to care since these 2 teams desperately needed to swing composite as well. They would likely be tossed in a game at a higher level, as it makes it look somewhat like the caps got tampered with, but were not. The model seemed to have a defect.

Had a recent similar experience with Mizuno on my turf shoes like this as well. Had me replacements on the way and delivered before the weekend for me without having my defective ones yet.

Nice when it happens smooth like this.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I've had this exact scenario happen twice with Demarini in Canada last year with the Utrip Aftermath Flippers. They went above and beyond without ever asking me for the cracked bats to be returned. Pics sufficed.

I've never heard of a company letting people keep the broken bats before, that's awesome. I have dealt with Demarini CS before, they were great. Guy I spoke to on the phone sounded super chill, like he just finished smoking a big gagger.

"Pffft, that stuff happens man, no worries. Send 'er in man, we got it covered."

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans

The cracked bats were donated to the teams in a super rec beer league we play in that clearly did not have comparable bat game to the rest of us. They're still kicking for them with the sawtooth cracks not growing. Because it's self umped, the other teams agreed never to care since these 2 teams desperately needed to swing composite as well. They would likely be tossed in a game at a higher level, as it makes it look somewhat like the caps got tampered with, but were not. The model seemed to have a defect.

Had a recent similar experience with Mizuno on my turf shoes like this as well. Had me replacements on the way and delivered before the weekend for me without having my defective ones yet.

Nice when it happens smooth like this.
Doesn't surprise me in the least.. Demarini cs is second to none!! Possibly Easton and other manufacturers are (getting it) especially Easton with what they did with the old bats and what not.. Maybe just maybe the light clicked on..lol

THESHOE

Starting Player
I feel like they just knew with the Utrip Flippers early batch. They just knew....

After the second went, I was offered a pick of 2015 One or VX3 as the 3rd replacement but still with a full year warranty. Sadly CL22 was not possible, due to it being a 12" and not "comparable" product. Or in other words, too much demand for our best bat so no we can't lol.

Still it left me impressed. If the new Utrip Juggy or Deuce reach Canada I would demo and consider the brand given the CS any day of the week.

I am not a fan of the Miken/Worth system here where you only get store credits back. It doesn't replace the bat with a comparable in my eyes.

I've never heard of a company letting people keep the broken bats before, that's awesome. I have dealt with Demarini CS before, they were great. Guy I spoke to on the phone sounded super chill, like he just finished smoking a big gagger.

"Pffft, that stuff happens man, no worries. Send 'er in man, we got it covered."

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I am not a fan of the Miken/Worth system here where you only get store credits back. It doesn't replace the bat with a comparable in my eyes.

I had that happen with a Worth return. Bought one of those Team Canada 454's when they were on clearance for $99 and it spiraled bad, almost immediately. When I called to return it, they had no more left to exchange so I got a store credit. Worked out for the best because I used it towards a Grit ball tower, which I never would've bought for full price.

When you think about it though, the store credit deal is probably the most fair way of doing it. Keeps people from buying clearance models and smashing them on purpose to get a better bat. Louisville's "RI Catalyst/Z2000" fiasco comes to mind...

4xtra

Player/Coach
Warranty department was probably just happy to have someone to talk to.
First time I've ever had to deal with Easton CS, just wanted to share my experience and see if it was typical.

My 2015 Torq has a whole bunch of paint flaking and recently developed a crack. I contacted Easton via Live Chat on their website. "Michelle" responded within about a minute, I told her that my Torq was cracked and I asked if I could get a different model for a return as I didn't like the spinning handle. She told me I could request any current model besides the new Helmer Flex line. I just had to fill out the RA request and make a note in the Special Comments box (decided on the black/gold Helmer). Awesome.

I filled out the RA request form online and hit send, then dug out my receipt and hologram sticker and taped them to the bat, anticipating having to box up and send it back to Easton. Being in Canada this would cost about $35, but whatever, worth it for a new bat. Was about to go in the basement and search for an appropriate cardboard box when I got an email from Easton:

"Thank you for contacting Easton!

I will be more than happy to assist you with your warranty claim, normally we would require for you to send in your bat, however this time we will not require it. All I would need is for you to respond back to this email with pictures of your damaged bat, and of the receipt, once I have this information, I will go ahead and send out the replacement. You may go ahead and dispose the damaged bat to your liking, let me know if you have any other questions, have a great day.

Thank you,
Jamie Hooper Customer Service Representative
ADDRESS. 634 N. Challenger Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
PHONE. 888.259.1297"

So not only do I save the time and money from not having to mail my cracked bat back, I got to choose a completely different model for my return AND I get to keep the cracked bat as a BP beater! Got a response from Easton's Live Chat within 1 minute of contacting them, and got an email from the warranty department within 30 minutes of filling out the online RA form. Top-notch CS right there.

I sent a bat back today and they are sending me a NEW one concurrently.
All I had to do was give them a tracking number via email.,

I have to admit, EASTON IS THE REAL DEAL when it comes to customer service

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yeah but here's the flipside.

$199 Freak 12 telescopes.

Not a damn Miken bat around to replace it with because the Freak 30 is $299.

The only bats available to get with my "credit" were sub par to the Freak 12. No thanks.

$99 like those Legits at National Sports last year it's not so bad. That I can handle, and like you said it prevents abuse.

But when you are still paying $199, and the bat has a clear and obvious defect when the barrel slips down and over the handle and telescopes and their warranty card and details promise a comparable bat.... And then all you get is $199 credit and your only options being the clearance Combat junk left at Home Run Sports, no thanks. Sour taste in my mouth that turned me off ever buying Miken/Worth at any decent price again.

Meanwhile, I am sure Easton takes care of people no matter how low priced those SP14L1 or like bats may have been going for.

Mizuno on the other hand was nothing shy of spectacular on my shoe issue. No matter how little I had paid for them.

I had that happen with a Worth return. Bought one of those Team Canada 454's when they were on clearance for $99 and it spiraled bad, almost immediately. When I called to return it, they had no more left to exchange so I got a store credit. Worked out for the best because I used it towards a Grit ball tower, which I never would've bought for full price.

When you think about it though, the store credit deal is probably the most fair way of doing it. Keeps people from buying clearance models and smashing them on purpose to get a better bat. Louisville's "RI Catalyst/Z2000" fiasco comes to mind...

Hiltz

Built for comfort
UPDATE:

Received my replacement bat yesterday. Got my wife to open the box because I was at work. Texted her and asked how my beautiful new black and gold bat looked. She texted back: "Uhhh, it's lime green."

So yeah, got another Torq instead of the Helmer that I requested. I contacted Easton today via Live Chat and asked if my model swap got denied for some reason. Dealt with Ashley this time, she checked my file and said there was no mention of me requesting a different model. After a few messages back and forth and me forwarding her one of my emails from Jamie Hooper, I got this response:

"I will make sure the Helmer is in stock to ship, and then issue you a FedEx pre paid label to ship the incorrect bat back. One moment please...

...Thank you for waiting, Jon! The FedEx website isn't allowing me to create the pre paid label at the moment, but I should be able to create one by this afternoon. Please expect the pre-paid label to be emailed to you today, directly from FedEx, to ship the bat back to us. I have you set to receive the SP16BHU 26.5, as it is in stock. Sorry for the mixup."

So let's recap: I was allowed to swap to the model I wanted for my return, I'm out $0 to ship anything to Easton, Easton is out 3x shipping (the incorrect bat, the correct bat, and the return shipping for the incorrect bat), and I got to keep the cracked bat. All communication involving the return and correcting the mix up was handled quickly and easily through Easton's Live Chat and email. Even with the mistake, this was a simple process.

Outstanding, Easton.

milesej05

The Rookie
Wow! That makes me want to go and put about 1500 more swings on my 13L1 to try and get a newer model!!

Lucky dog you are Hiltz

Hiltz

Built for comfort
1500 more swings and she'll be broken in. You'll never want to part with it then.

milesej05

The Rookie
It already has 1500 swing on it. It is just too heavy for me. Been gaming my 26oz Wegman or 27oz J5 lately.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
13L1 is love for sure, but if you are referring to the 100w... i think i sleep with that bat. i have been asked many times if it is shaved and how many world wars its been through. i absolutely LOVE my 100w more than my st100 or my 100h. but yeah, may have to find me a 13L1 and see about a return ;)

THESHOE

Starting Player
Fixed it for you.

Find a 14L1 to return, as it's a waste of time.

Do not give up on a 13L1

Wow! That makes me want to go and put about 1500 more swings on my 13L1 so it reaches that insanely good status and keeps going for another 2000+ as a flame thrower...

Lucky dog you are Hiltz

grux41

Coach
I sent back an SCN1B (fastpitch) that was just added to the ban list this year. I was under the impression that I would receive a voucher for 50% off their site. not the best deal in the world but I wasn't using the fastpitch bat and I got it off of craigslist for like $25 along with 4-5 other bats. got my RA #, sent it in, waited waited. went to Live Chat looking for an update and they said they would send me a replacement right away. two days later I have a brand new Mako fastpitch FP16MK9 bat at my door.

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
Phone poles son, phone poles. Fold a towel first and nail it to the post so it wont look to obvious when you send it back.

kbiggs85

Part Time Player
I had the same thing happen with a baseball bat, I followed up a few times for RA# and before I knew it a new bat showed up at my door