Easton B 4

ETDave

Old School
I have an original Extended that I’ve had for years and it’s hot. Our league hits 52/300 balls and we can use any bat but senior bats.

I think the Extended may crack soon. I bought a B 4 when they came out to replace it. I’ve only hit it about fifty times off a tee. Will the B 4 ever come close to the Extended’s performance and how long will the break in be?

Thanks.

ShortYellowBus

I have an original Extended that I’ve had for years and it’s hot. Our league hits 52/300 balls and we can use any bat but senior bats.

I think the Extended may crack soon. I bought a B 4 when they came out to replace it. I’ve only hit it about fifty times off a tee. Will the B 4 ever come close to the Extended’s performance and how long will the break in be?

Thanks.
Yeah, it will.

Unfortunately if you’re only hitting those balls, it will take over a thousand swings to start improving in performance, and 2k swings to begin to feel game ready.

Those bats were designed to hit harder balls. They hold barrel compression really well and are great bp bats.

A B4 will work for 52’s but it requires a lot of skill and swing speed.

With the newer non-linear technology, you’ll see better results right away, because they were designed to exclusively hit 52’s.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
B4 is definitely a close comparison to the Extended as far as weighting and feel. But it needs the absolute tar beat out of it to get it broken in if you’re hitting only 52/300. I’d put about 150-200 on it with 52’s (just to get the outer layers broken in, seems to prevent spirals doing that) and then hit it with whatever you can get your hands on.

The 2017 Baker ASA would be a great option as well.

ETDave

Old School
Thanks everyone. Seems like the consensus is that if I hit it thousand times with hard balls it may or may not be as good as my extended. Lol

I figured it would take a while because it’s the same IMX fiber as the Extended.

tonys1

22oz bats are all the rage now, stop swinging those dinosaur bats - even syb is selling all his heavy bats

UncleMosk

Picked up a Hype today just to swat @ Mosquitoes @ the park. Ridiculously felt like a wiffle ball bat. But the young guys are in love with them. There had to have been @ least 90% 25 oz Monsta bats @ the Tournament I played in today. I just can't by the HYPE. I need some mass on my stick.

ShortYellowBus

If you’re a guy who has a strong baseball background, rather a guy with swing skills, the sweet spot for performance is 27-30oz bats.

Guys with no baseball backgrounds and little work on swing mechanics will find 26oz bats and less to be more suitable for their swing.

The softball guys who play a lot and swear by 25oz bats are the “hype”.

Hype.
Noun. The extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
Verb. To promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, exaggerating its importance or benefits.