Easton Brett Helmer 2016

JPG

Lefty
Here we go,

Current hits

How I got the bat?
Luck and no they are not out yet.

Out the wrapper talk:
I hit the bat with Zn's and ASA crap balls from findings. It webbed up all around immediately.
Bat felt stiff but great pop out the wrapper. I actually enjoyed it from the first hit.
At night I hit it in 60 degrees and it opened up and changed at around 300 hits.
it hits all balls well and at the 450 hit mark this thing rips. The exit speed is great.
Bat is a 27.5 and re-taped with a grip n rip it weighs 28.2

Details:
I think they tweaked the vibration ZERO side of it for the better.

Extras:
The bats paint and feel reminds me of the z1000 without that tin can sound and more of a easton crack at another level.
Easton changed big time.

This post will serve as talk / chatter / review on the new Brett Helmer 2016.

22600030760_dd38a7741e_b.jpg

After 80 hits this is what she looks like:
22803473621_94c4bdf35f_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ogsoftballplaye

Sweet looking bat for sure. Probably be getting one when my SIS Easton gets gamer status. That way I can sell my gamer L1 and Freak 12 and get one. Pretty sure I'll be going with a 26.5oz though. Shoulder can't handle the bigger sticks anymore. Old age killing me.

Rega17

'MERICA
Told ya it swings light. Heck I'm gaming a 26oz 4tf and don't have problems swinging our 27.5 helmer.

JPG

Lefty
It feels like a gradual end load. It does not feel like the end cap is super heavy. I am glad I got the 27oz because a 26oz would have felt weird I think.
Def does not feel like 2.5oz end load at all.

80hits and it looks like this:
22803473621_94c4bdf35f_b.jpg

Rega17

'MERICA
Does it swing more balanced or what?
JPG hit it on the head. It's not all cap load. It seems to get progressively heavier down the barrel. Makes it swing very smooth instead of sledgehammer lIke.
Is that graphic design or webbing in the "Easton" letters?

It's webbing. Seems a lot of the new line paint webs up crazy quick. Our 2016 mako is webbing just the same.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
How did it perform? Better than your 5,271,695,851 hit Kirby?

That bat looks ***ier than a mothasucka

JPG

Lefty
What balls did you hit and at what temperature?

67 degrees day 60 degrees night
I have 60 zns and 25 crap asa crap balls.

I put 450 swings on it today. It starting cracking and getting really loud at 300.
Gear change 1.

Last edited:

JPG

Lefty
Hit the Helmer some more tonight and the camera man brings a dead camera. Bat now has 800 swings and it feels great. Easton finally changes gears with there tech. This bat feels nothing like last years bats. It a full on different breed compared to my 2015 kirby.

Amazing bats, I look forward to seeing a lot more eastons on the field for 2016.

If the bat gets any hotter it would be insane. It is all webbed up and smashes the ball. I am curious if it gets hotter? It is already hitting all balls really well with a nice feel and crack to it.