Easton Peeling Paint

jayb-223

Coach
Have a new Easton with less than 200 swings on it. The other night when some one used it a large part of the paint peeled off. Any one else seen this before?

GetAttachment2_zpsdb022491.jpg

GetAttachment3_zpsd7d13310.jpg

GetAttachment_zps53a30ef2.jpg

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!
2 things could have happened here.

1) Normal chipping of the paint...have seen some of the newer bats do this especially Eastons.
2) Bat was rolled...not saying you rolled it but from what I have heard some of the newer bats paint will peel or chip off if rolled.

However shouldn't affect performance and if it's a huge issue contact Easton to see what can be done.

Hope this helps.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I've seen a number of Eastons do this as well, particularly the S2.

I don't know what is up with Easton these days, but this is clearly a problem.

Zipperking

WTP all day
my first srv5b had about 50% of the decal and paint missing on the barrel by the end of the season, just one of those things that happens.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
A lot of Easton's that are rolled causes this, this is the info that I have gathered from the site.

jayb-223

Coach
Never rolled, bought NIW from an authorized dealer. You think I can return it? Seems to be only cosmetic and it does hit well especially for still being so new.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
If it is a SCN18, and if it does not have at least 600-800 cuts on it with good BP balls it is not even close to broken it. All you can do is try to send it in, but I would call Easton first.