easton synergy scn2

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been swinging Miken the last few years. My all time favorite bat is the scn2. Any of the newer Easton or other manufacturers have a bat that swings similar? I'm looking newer bats. Not so much the older new stamp Eastons.

Hagen49

Are you talking just about the feel of swinging the bat, as far as the loading and weight distribution or?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Any of the Wegmans should take care of you

Are you talking about the Nurple? I didn't feel that was the same. It's a great bat though.

A Wegman model wouldn't feel the same, they're all 12" barrels and the SCN2 was 13.5".

As far as new production models go, Easton is really getting away from 1-piece bats (sadly). I think the only one they currently offer is the Nurple. OP, your best bet would be a 2012 SY100. I know you said you were only interested in new bats, but it's worth tracking down an SY100. They get great once broken in and they're bulletproof. Easton made 13.5" barrel 1-piece models in '13 and '14 (B2.0) but they're super stiff, take longer to break in, and don't get that great IMO.

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
I had one of those for a few years. Then switched over to Miken. It doesn't have to be a 1-piece bat. Just know the end of the year clearance is going on and was curious if any of the new stuff swung similar. Thanks for all the input fellas.

A Wegman model wouldn't feel the same, they're all 12" barrels and the SCN2 was 13.5".

As far as new production models go, Easton is really getting away from 1-piece bats (sadly). I think the only one they currently offer is the Nurple. OP, your best bet would be a 2012 SY100. I know you said you were only interested in new bats, but it's worth tracking down an SY100. They get great once broken in and they're bulletproof. Easton made 13.5" barrel 1-piece models in '13 and '14 (B2.0) but they're super stiff, take longer to break in, and don't get that great IMO.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I had one of those for a few years. Then switched over to Miken. It doesn't have to be a 1-piece bat. Just know the end of the year clearance is going on and was curious if any of the new stuff swung similar. Thanks for all the input fellas.

Try a dc41 or legit XXL, long barrel and big endload

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Most people get hung up on 1pc vs 2pc, but I don't feel any difference with Eastons. All models feel stiff (until recently) and the only time I ever got any different feedback from a 2pc was on terrible mis-hits towards the endcap.

You could look for last year's FireFlex. It'll have a softer feel than the oldschool Eastons did when new, but might feel like a well broken in CNT bat. I understand they had a softer feel once they had 1000+ swings on them. Just be wary if you have to get your bats compression tested, the FireFlex will fail early.

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
Most people get hung up on 1pc vs 2pc, but I don't feel any difference with Eastons. All models feel stiff (until recently) and the only time I ever got any different feedback from a 2pc was on terrible mis-hits towards the endcap.

You could look for last year's FireFlex. It'll have a softer feel than the oldschool Eastons did when new, but might feel like a well broken in CNT bat. I understand they had a softer feel once they had 1000+ swings on them. Just be wary if you have to get your bats compression tested, the FireFlex will fail early.

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking into those earlier. The compression testing has me worried a little. I wonder how the FF2 is.