Other Ejected player

Kgun12

Addicted to Softballfans
So crazy game tonight, player gets ejected for swearing..automatic out for there spot in the batting order. Now top of the 7th, player ejected was lead off..2 outs runners on the corners #10 batter up we try to intentionally walk him cus the next batter is a out, (mind you we are down runs) ump says can't intentionally walk him must throw 4 pitches, so pitch throws 1st way outside and batter reaches out 1 handed...way outside ump calls him out. I guess unsportsmanlike conduct not quit sure what the call was, was a crazy game with a lot of **** talking and going middle, with talk before hand about trying to hurt pitchers.

Anyway game ends after 3 players from the other team getting ejected for talking **** to ump, and finally he had enough and made them forfeit up 4 or 5 runs going into bottom of the 7th, ****ty way to win as we would of liked the chance to hit in the 7th, but it is what is.

Now while in the parking lot had a few players come up to us from other teams saying we can't do what we did to get the last out in the top of the 7th..(walking the player in the spot before the automatic out) so what I'm getting at is this a fact in ISA?

Kgun12

Addicted to Softballfans
So let's just say for ****s and giggles that the # 10 hitter took a walk what would happen when the ejected players spot was up next...( bases loaded)?

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask NCASA for it. He is the one that brought it up... I was just explaining to ImminetDanger what NCASA was saying in his last post. His answer was for ISA

IrishBlue

Addicted to Softballfans
They ain't what they used to be

Apologies jsam. I'm an umpire so obviously I'm half blind ;).

Can anyone give the rule reference?

hinzy

}}i{{
I would love the rule reference for this.

Rule 5- Players and Substitutes

D. Short-Handed Rule-

1. If a team starts with 10, 11 or 12 players (as defined in section C above) and a player gets injured, ejected or unexpectedly leaves the game, the team may continue to play as long as 9 players remain in the line-up. However, an out will be declared whenever the missing player(s) turn at bat come around in the batting order.

Note: No out shall be declared on the missing batter if the batter immediately prior in the batting order is walked, whether intentional or not. No out will be declared and the batting position will be skipped and the following batter shall take their turn at bat. The game may end on an automatic out.

Not sure about all associations but we play NSA here and if there's an empty spot in the lineup and the person before that batting spot walks, then it is not an automatic out and the batter after the empty spot comes to the plate.

This rule is there for pretty obvious reasons. The other team was absolutely right.

To give an easy example: We had a game where one of our guys had to leave for work in the middle of the game. In the 7th inning we were down by 3runs with the tieing run at bat and 2 outs. It was a guy that wasn't gonna go yard in a million years and the auto out was next in the lineup. We told him to not swing at anything no matter what because even a hit would end the game and we'd lose. He had no choice but to take pitches to extend the inning. Of course him being him he swung and flied out anyways.

spos21ram

The Legend
You'll have to explain that one???? (even if takes 400 pitches until they get their two strikes???)

What the heck are you talking about?

Didn't we just talk about this in a different thread yesterday? NSA and ISA if the batter in front of the automatic out walks, then the auto out spot in the line-up is skipped over.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
In associations that skip the auto out if the batter before is walked, it only applies to the third out of the inning. If you walk the batter before the auto out and there is less than 2 outs, then the auto out will be recored as an out.

spos21ram

The Legend
In associations that skip the auto out if the batter before is walked, it only applies to the third out of the inning. If you walk the batter before the auto out and there is less than 2 outs, then the auto out will be recored as an out.

Not true in ISA. Refer to post #9 in this thread it has the rule word for word....Don't know about NSA

Kgun12

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks....honestly I had no clue, our ump had some kinda clue but he wasn't 100% correct..whatta mess!