NSA Ejection Rule

Softball.com:

AndyD

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a quick rule question. A guy gets ejected from a game. It rains before it is over and game is cancelled. It will be replayed from start at later date. The league rule is that upon ejection, the player is out for remainder of that game and the next. Now the player in question sat out the next game and to be safe the following game too. Tonight the rained out game is being made up from the start. The opposing team is saying he can't play? I thought if it was continued, he couldn't, but since it starts all over he can play? Whats the ruling?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
I have a quick rule question. A guy gets ejected from a game. It rains before it is over and game is cancelled. It will be replayed from start at later date. The league rule is that upon ejection, the player is out for remainder of that game and the next. Now the player in question sat out the next game and to be safe the following game too. Tonight the rained out game is being made up from the start. The opposing team is saying he can't play? I thought if it was continued, he couldn't, but since it starts all over he can play? Whats the ruling?

Only your league director can answer this question.

AndyD

Addicted to Softballfans
Theres nothing specific to that situation in league rules. All it has is the game he was ejected in and the next. I was hoping there was an NSA rule to apply.

AndyD

Addicted to Softballfans
One team says he sat the remainder of that game and the next two and this is a new game. The other team says he still has to sit out the make up because it is the same game???

It shouldn't be the same game. If it was, you'd be continuing it from the point it was suspended. You need your LD to judge the matter.