El Diablo and the Demon

BOLTMAN21

Manager
I wouldn't...still working out the kinks from losing the really pronounced leg kick I used to have.
I've tried getting rid of my leg kick and can't. It's my timing mechanism and wind up. Also find I generate less power when I slide. Nice cuts here. Keep you posted on how I like my Demon when it arrives Wednesday.

chile

Bad Ape
I've tried getting rid of my leg kick and can't. It's my timing mechanism and wind up. Also find I generate less power when I slide. Nice cuts here. Keep you posted on how I like my Demon when it arrives Wednesday.

that is what ****s me up with the change...I am not generating enough power but I feel like the swing is smoother and more "controlled" with the slide...not that I need to be the power hitter buuut...

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....
I just got the demon yesterday. Haven’t swung it yet. But I can squeeze the barrel and hear the fibers crack. Not kidding.

chile

Bad Ape
put some hits on this group today...

full

chile

Bad Ape
pretty happy with the demon out of the wrapper...that whole quick break in deal is pretty accurate. first the diablo, and now the demon. both bats hit very well out of the wrapper and heated up within the first 50 or so cuts. I feel like I hit the diablo a bit better...furthest hits of the day were with the diablo. but either bat is good to go.

struggled a bit today...lots of moonshots, weak lines...really inconsistent bp...the last 30 seconds is probably the few hits of note :/

Last edited:

tonys1

pretty happy with the demon out of the wrapper...that whole quick break in deal is pretty accurate. first the diablo, and now the demon. both bats hit very well out of the wrapper and heated up within the first 50 or so cuts. I feel like I hit the diablo a bit better...furthest hits of the day were with the diablo. but either bat is good to go.

struggled a bit today...lots of moonshots, weak lines...really inconsistent bp...the last 30 seconds is probably the few hits of note :/

So the Demon isn't a repaint of the Nitrous? You're tempting me on the Diablo...

chile

Bad Ape
Is the weighting the same on the diablo as the nitrous would you say or nah?

i'd say it's pretty similar...I did a bucket of 20 where I switched bats every 5-6 hits and I didn't feel a difference while hitting...maybe there was but I didn't think so

Bagz

Bang!!
i'd say it's pretty similar...I did a bucket of 20 where I switched bats every 5-6 hits and I didn't feel a difference while hitting...maybe there was but I didn't think so
Fixed it.. i meant demon not diablo lol

chile

Bad Ape
I feel like I need to take some cuts off the tee with the 3 bats...but my shoulder issues are flaring up again so I may have to dial back the bp soon.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
Man I hate being overseas...waiting on bats for two weeks absolutely kills me! Good feedback, Chile.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
it will feel closer to the flipper barrel-wise. should swing similar as well...anarchy says these are EL'd but it's more midloaded to me.
For as much as I love a half oz endload, I have loved and hit well with every midload I have ever tried. OG Combat Dirty & LS Stovall are top two that come to mind. Reading that midload part just made me even more stoked for my Demon that arrives today.

chile

Bad Ape
Reading that midload part just made me even more stoked for my Demon that arrives today.

I just don't feel like it's an EL in the sense of how the 18 BB, the Bubba and the Vet feel to me...idk how exactly to put it but I feel like with those the weight is more toward the end and in the anarchies, it's not quite there... I've read people saying "yeah, it (anarchy) has a good EL..." but I'm not feeling that way about it...but that's just my $0.02

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
Got out this morning and put 65 swings on the Diablo...very impressed!

I picked up a 27 I honestly think that the endload is a little more pronounced than the .5 it is advertised. It whips through the zone very effortlessly. It is, however, not as smooth as the 26 oz awakening that I had. That bat took me absolutely no effort to swing. The handle, of course, is very stiff and I am beginning to appreciate the feel of one-piece bats again.

The feedback from swing one was just awesome. It reminded me of how my nitrous took a turn around the 150-200 swing mark. I hit mostly 52's and about 10 44's. Of course, the sound with the 44's was a bit louder and gave more of a crack, but I did not see considerable distance improvement with the 44's. Although advertised for 52s and 44's, I really think this bat (and the Nitrous) shines with 52's.

The barrel did feel slightly soft but it provides great feedback when you square it up and hit it just slightly off the sweetspot. It feels like it needs no break in, in my opinion. For having the same technology as the Nitrous, I feel that bat needed about 200 swings before I was comfortable gaming it. I can take the Diablo out 40 swings ago and be confident.

Like Chile said, I cannot say this is better than the Nitrous...that determination will have to come down to the user and their preference on stiff versus a little flex in the handle and smaller versus longer barrel. If I had to choose this very minute, I would stick with my Nitrous, but that decision is not easy. I think once this gets to 150-200 swings, its going to be an absolute monster. Left my phone in the car today and didn't get a chance to get some live swings, but I will the next go around.

In my opinion, there is NOTHING out there competing with this company right now, and I have hit them all. Again, user preference. But sound, feel, feedback and performance are second to none.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
My Demon was exactly 26 out the box with wrapper on and no grip. To me, feels EL in my hand, swings midloaded through the zone. In my limited game hits tonight with 52/300 I liked it enough to sell my Border Battle Legit and Torch. It just feels right for my swing. Only complaint is the glossy paint scratches easier then most. I had to put clear packing tape over the faint ASA logo to prevent it from scuffing off. Can’t wait to hit some hard balls with it or put more hits on it. Teammates liked it lots as well. Now I want a Diablo too.

Last edited:

Chico_O

Bat Addict
Can anyone help me with a contact? I know y'all arent paying sticker for these :)

Great swings, and reviews fellas, I enjoyed watching and reading them...

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
Got out this morning and put 65 swings on the Diablo...very impressed!

I picked up a 27 I honestly think that the endload is a little more pronounced than the .5 it is advertised. It whips through the zone very effortlessly. It is, however, not as smooth as the 26 oz awakening that I had. That bat took me absolutely no effort to swing. The handle, of course, is very stiff and I am beginning to appreciate the feel of one-piece bats again.

The feedback from swing one was just awesome. It reminded me of how my nitrous took a turn around the 150-200 swing mark. I hit mostly 52's and about 10 44's. Of course, the sound with the 44's was a bit louder and gave more of a crack, but I did not see considerable distance improvement with the 44's. Although advertised for 52s and 44's, I really think this bat (and the Nitrous) shines with 52's.

The barrel did feel slightly soft but it provides great feedback when you square it up and hit it just slightly off the sweetspot. It feels like it needs no break in, in my opinion. For having the same technology as the Nitrous, I feel that bat needed about 200 swings before I was comfortable gaming it. I can take the Diablo out 40 swings ago and be confident.

Like Chile said, I cannot say this is better than the Nitrous...that determination will have to come down to the user and their preference on stiff versus a little flex in the handle and smaller versus longer barrel. If I had to choose this very minute, I would stick with my Nitrous, but that decision is not easy. I think once this gets to 150-200 swings, its going to be an absolute monster. Left my phone in the car today and didn't get a chance to get some live swings, but I will the next go around.

In my opinion, there is NOTHING out there competing with this company right now, and I have hit them all. Again, user preference. But sound, feel, feedback and performance are second to none.
I like the fact that someoe is still making bats that you can hit any ball and not fail compression test or end up in 2 PC's after a week.