Electronic compression tester

TRaj2327

1096479.JPG

Does anyone have any info on this thing? I searched around a bit online with no luck. A town here uses it and I'm willing to bet that it tests to the old compression standard and not the new 1450.

Who makes it?
Is it still available?
Pass/fail threshold?
Anyone have a link or some details?

Thanks

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
I sent an email to the guy who runs that league and hoping he gets me an answer to at least the model number and from there we should be able to get the rest of the info.

TRaj2327

It looks like this was available directly through ASA but the link that I found is from 2011. That may at least confirm that it will test at the old compression threshold.

I sent ASA an email already to see if they can help at all.

ahgofish

Addicted to Softballfans
Email Brien at Wheeling, I bet he would remember. Getting a reply from the guy at the "other" park is not likely.

TRaj2327

I just realized the email I sent to ASA didn't even have a picture attached. That was productive...

ahgofish

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you even know the guy at the "other" park?

He's like a ghost, I've heard he exists but have never seen him. :shrug:
...I actually have traded emails with him on a few occasions, it was painful. We are still owed money from a fall league night.

FIRE09

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league uses this style as well, crappy tester for sure. Almost all of my Juggies failed in wrapper along with mercy. I believe if it is under 1350 it will not beep, must beep to pass. Aftermaths will not pass obviously. it comes with calibration tubes to calibrate, it is very sketchy at best.

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
He's like a ghost, I've heard he exists but have never seen him. :shrug:
...I actually have traded emails with him on a few occasions, it was painful. We are still owed money from a fall league night.

Are you sure we are talking about the same guy? I have no issues getting a hold of him whenever I need to. He always answers me and I run into him all over the place... Terry and I are talking about the guy who runs the Tinley Park league who are you talking about?

Terry, I talked to Mike today and he said the went through Easton to buy this and they guy that was making them doesn't make them anymore and they don't have the paper work that came with them anymore.

ahgofish

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you sure we are talking about the same guy? I have no issues getting a hold of him whenever I need to. He always answers me and I run into him all over the place... Terry and I are talking about the guy who runs the Tinley Park league who are you talking about?

Terry, I talked to Mike today and he said the went through Easton to buy this and they guy that was making them doesn't make them anymore and they don't have the paper work that came with them anymore.

My bad, we are not talking about the same guy.