End of the season fun

defos

I have all these gloves that I could use, but never or rarely do, so I decided to show them some love and use as many as I could in the 2 games we played yesterday to end the season. I generally don't like to switch gloves during a game, but thought it would be fun just this once. I loaded up my huge Rawlings roller bag with 6 gloves, all with a softball in the pocket, 4 bats, including a couple I rarely use to keep in theme, game balls and assorted paraphernalia. As I drug it up the basement stairs, I thought "if one of the wheels on the bag fails, I'm screwed because I can't carry this!"

First game
Warm-ups and the first inning, the PRO701 I picked up at Goodwill last year.
2nd inning, PRO502-3P,
3rd inning, PRO502- BFB.
4th inning, PROS27-TFPP (my usual gamer).
5th and 6th innings, PROS26.

The second game was several hours later, so I went home and reloaded, but only used the PROS601 that I do actually use in our church league, and my PRO502-GGC which was my previous gamer. I only played defense for 2 innings because the ankle I dislocated 3 weeks ago became too painful to play on. In fact, I stayed home from work today to get it adjusted and rest it.

Would I do it again? No, partly because it's too much hassle. But it was fun this one time!

AydenB00

The Rookie
so would u say you're a huge rawlings fanboy, I've heard theres a huge mizuno fanboy roaming around also.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Pics of gloves please!

I have all these gloves that I could use, but never or rarely do, so I decided to show them some love and use as many as I could in the 2 games we played yesterday to end the season. I generally don't like to switch gloves during a game, but thought it would be fun just this once. I loaded up my huge Rawlings roller bag with 6 gloves, all with a softball in the pocket, 4 bats, including a couple I rarely use to keep in theme, game balls and assorted paraphernalia. As I drug it up the basement stairs, I thought "if one of the wheels on the bag fails, I'm screwed because I can't carry this!"

First game
Warm-ups and the first inning, the PRO701 I picked up at Goodwill last year.
2nd inning, PRO502-3P,
3rd inning, PRO502- BFB.
4th inning, PROS27-TFPP (my usual gamer).
5th and 6th innings, PROS26.

The second game was several hours later, so I went home and reloaded, but only used the PROS601 that I do actually use in our church league, and my PRO502-GGC which was my previous gamer. I only played defense for 2 innings because the ankle I dislocated 3 weeks ago became too painful to play on. In fact, I stayed home from work today to get it adjusted and rest it.

Would I do it again? No, partly because it's too much hassle. But it was fun this one time!

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Defos,
Since it looks like some of your gloves have similar miles on them, could you compare how they are wearing? Specifically the two 502's verses the 26 and 27.

defos

That's a little difficult to answer. The GG502-11C and the PROS27 are the only gloves I bought new/broke in. The PROS27 was technically used, but wasn't broken it.
The PRO502s are in the condition I bought them, other than a re-lace on the 502-3P. I bought the PRO502-BFB as it is now, sold it to a teammate who never used it in the 3 or 4 years he had it, and I bought it back this spring/summer. This is the first and only time I've used it.
The PROS27 has been my gamer in my men's leagues for 3 years, roughly 90 games plus practices. It's an oiled leather with a waxy feel. It's wearing well. With a good cleaning, it would look almost new. I have noticed the Pittard's lining seems to be loosening from the palm, but otherwise feels as good as it did new.
The PROS601 is an early ProPreferred with the deer tanned cowhide liner. It's seen far more use, but really only shows wear on the binding. I've used it in my co-ed church league the last 3 years, approximately 35 games. I think it was re-laced shortly before I bought it. It doesn't have any of the surface cracking/webbing like other PPs I've seen, including the PROS26. The liner is in great shape.
The PROS26 has the cracking/webbing on the shell. The DTC liner is in good shape, except the top side of the finger stalls have deteriorated/been damaged like a previous owner had long fingernails that raked the top of the liner, causing them to flake off. I've managed to get most of the loose material out of the finger stalls.
The HOH 502s both have the DTC liners. The BFB has been used more, and holds its shape better. Very good condition inside and out. The 502-3P is an oiled leather, so it's a much softer leather. Even with the new laces, it's not a stiff glove. I don't think it has been used a lot. Great condition inside and out.

I would rate the gloves by my preferences, 1) PROS27, 2) PROS601, 3) probably the 502BFB, followed by the GG502 (mostly because I used it as my only glove for several years at SS and I trust it), the 502-3P, and the PROS26 (partly because of the liner, and partly because it is a little smaller even though it and the 502s are 12 1/2" gloves).
By wear, I'd probably rate them, 1) PROS601 and the 502BFB, 3) GG502 (never been conditioned or re-laced), 4) PROS27, followed by 5) the 502-3P because they have had less use than the others so it's hard to compare. The PROS26 would be last due to the liner in the finger stalls.

I haven't mentioned the PRO-701 until now because it was a project glove that had gotten dried out. Even after 2 deep conditionings, it still isn't quite where I'd like it to be. It's the largest, and probably oldest glove of the bunch. I really want it to be one of my preferred gloves because I really like the pattern. Given the lack of care it has probably had, it may be the best wearing glove of the bunch.