ASA errant Infield Fly call

LIKEUCM

Irish, in my OP the title was ERRANT IFF CALL and I probably did not put in enough info.and word the question correctly, the original IFF call was made very quickly my only question was if the umpires got together and agreed the call was made to early and that the infielder in no way could have made the play with ordinary effort could the call be corrected again you, Bretman, (who do not answer) and NCASA usually have the correct answer, but there is some disagreement this time, is there a way to get an an actual answer from asa/usa?
Jonsey,

Take a look at the USA Softball website and click on the Umpire tab. There you will find contacts for the National Staff listed there. Send your question to the National Umpire Staff Regional Umpire-in-Chief for your area. I hold a position in my state, but do not want to come across as the authority for the official answer for USA Softball's National Office in OKC. We are big on chain of command. If you have a local or state UIC that you can communicate with, it might be best to have that person make the contact on your behalf. That way clarification may be communicated to all that may have a question on this at your local level. It is my understanding that you are asking if IFF is called, based on the fact that in the judgement of the umpire it is obvious that the ball could be caught with ordinary effort, and after the play this is called into question, may the call be overturned?

I've been on the fields many many years and have never seen an IFF even become a subject of an appeal or protest, if there were runners on the proper bases to make the call.

jonsey

Jonsey,

Take a look at the USA Softball website and click on the Umpire tab. There you will find contacts for the National Staff listed there. Send your question to the National Umpire Staff Regional Umpire-in-Chief for your area. I hold a position in my state, but do not want to come across as the authority for the official answer for USA Softball's National Office in OKC. We are big on chain of command. If you have a local or state UIC that you can communicate with, it might be best to have that person make the contact on your behalf. That way clarification may be communicated to all that may have a question on this at your local level. It is my understanding that you are asking if IFF is called, based on the fact that in the judgement of the umpire it is obvious that the ball could be caught with ordinary effort, and after the play this is called into question, may the call be overturned?

I've been on the fields many many years and have never seen an IFF even a subject of an appeal or protest, if there were runners on the proper bases to make the call.

LIKEUCM, thx for the info.