ESPN Radio World Cup Soccer Rant

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
I understand that the World Cup is a HUGE event in most countries in the world. I also understand that soccer fans are very supportive of the US soccer team. I understand that games featuring the Mexico soccer team also generate a good audience.

BUT, why the hell would they wipe out their entire afternoon and rush hour programming schedule to play the Brazil vs. North Korea soccer match?

So, instead of spending the next 3 hours listening to talk about college football and conference realignment, NBA Finals, and MLB Baseball, I get to listen to Brazil vs. North Korea soccer with those annoying horns the fans are blowing. Thankfully, they don't have the guy with the British accent, but I get to listen to some other hack screw up pronouncing a bunch of latino and korean names.

That is all!

Last edited:

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
ok, they just did the starting lineups... this might not be so bad after all. They butchered every name in the North Korean lineup - and one of Brazil's stars is named caca :D.

Mike11

master of swinging K's
from ESPN.com first page

"For Brazil to deliver on its promise, Kaka must be magical"

oryansirishpub

No hope remains
North Korea has a player with a better name, but it could probably get me an infraction.

Their goalkeeper's name is Myong Guk (pronounced with a silent M). Radio broadcasts can be fun.

I went to school with a kid named Too Long Wang......honest to god....:D

3XC

Big Truss
45 minutes, 0-0. Soccer blows.

Bbbbbbbbut, they are suck great ATHLETES!

UnreadablePieChartWithBulgarianTVratings.jpg[img]

I bet Butterbean, and Ken Griffey Jr., and Peyton Manning can't run for 90 minutes non stop!

Soccer rules, and thats why the whole world loves it. Has nothing to do with the fact that dirt poor third world kids can play with no equipment, its because its AWESOME.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Bbbbbbbbut, they are suck great ATHLETES!

UnreadablePieChartWithBulgarianTVratings.jpg[img]

I bet Butterbean, and Ken Griffey Jr., and Peyton Manning can't run for 90 minutes non stop!

Soccer rules, and thats why the whole world loves it. Has nothing to do with the fact that dirt poor third world kids can play with no equipment, its because its AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

It could be better. Eliminating draws would be a good start. There's a reason you have to get drunk and play instruments in the crowd... if they didn't, everyone would fall asleep.

BTW... went to take a dump and Brazil scored. 1-0 and I missed it :mad:.

Schu

<font color="#228B22">Im 4 teh peeplz</font>
I understand that the World Cup is a HUGE event in most countries in the world. I also understand that soccer fans are very supportive of the US soccer team. I understand that games featuring the Mexico soccer team also generate a good audience.

BUT, why the hell would they wipe out their entire afternoon and rush hour programming schedule to play the Brazil vs. North Korea soccer match?

So, instead of spending the next 3 hours listening to talk about college football and conference realignment, NBA Finals, and MLB Baseball, I get to listen to Brazil vs. North Korea soccer with those annoying horns the fans are blowing. Thankfully, they don't have the guy with the British accent, but I get to listen to some other hack screw up pronouncing a bunch of latino and korean names.

That is all!

mvun3.jpg

TMRvl.png

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
woohoo, Brazil winning 2-0... yaaay. Can N. Korea throw in the towel so I can listen to something else?

oryansirishpub

No hope remains
It could be better. Eliminating draws would be a good start. There's a reason you have to get drunk and play instruments in the crowd... if they didn't, everyone would fall asleep.

BTW... went to take a dump and Brazil scored. 1-0 and I missed it :mad:.

Ha ha ha now you missed all of the action.....consider your attempt to watch soccer a complete and EPIC FAIL.....:D