etnstudios projects

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Figured it was a good time to start my own thread.

First up, a Louisville Slugger Pro Flare PF14-CR relaced in my wife's team colors. I was surprised at how soft and pliable this leather is. I guess that i expected it to be on the stiffer side with camel leather. No big deal as it's still a nice glove and I only plan to use it with her team for warming them up and such. I also didn't really care for the way that the fingers were laced on this. Seemed like some unnecessary knots and I prefer the more traditional pattern so i changed to that with a minor change to fill a hole on the pinky.

BEFORE
MeUtS6s.jpg

MGY82sx.jpg

DRsiD54.jpg

AFTER
iQNJzmE.jpg

M2YY9WM.jpg

jclbApv.jpg

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Figured it was a good time to start my own thread.

First up, a Louisville Slugger Pro Flare PF14-CR relaced in my wife's team colors. I was surprised at how soft and pliable this leather is. I guess that i expected it to be on the stiffer side with camel leather. No big deal as it's still a nice glove and I only plan to use it with her team for warming them up and such. I also didn't really care for the way that the fingers were laced on this. Seemed like some unnecessary knots and I prefer the more traditional pattern so i changed to that with a minor change to fill a hole on the pinky.

BEFORE
MeUtS6s.jpg

MGY82sx.jpg

DRsiD54.jpg

AFTER
iQNJzmE.jpg

M2YY9WM.jpg

jclbApv.jpg
Nice work! I'm not a fan of the Wilson-style finger lacing either; your solution for the extra pinkie hole is exactly how I have handled it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice work! I'm not a fan of the Wilson-style finger lacing either; your solution for the extra pinkie hole is exactly how I have handled it.

thanks! means a lot, makes me think i'm learning something along the way lol.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks! means a lot, makes me think i'm learning something along the way lol.

Because the holes on the front of the fingers are closer together than on a Rawlings style glove, that lace does need to go around the padding. I wish there were an easy way to punch holes in the internal padding so I could feel the lace through it (rather than around). Vinci has actually started doing that and its a great feature.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Because the holes on the front of the fingers are closer together than on a Rawlings style glove, that lace does need to go around the padding. I wish there were an easy way to punch holes in the internal padding so I could feel the lace through it (rather than around). Vinci has actually started doing that and its a great feature.
what exactly are you guys talking about? The lace that is knotted up on the inside of the pinky?

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton EPG35B this is a ridiculous pattern as is highlighted by the yellow lol. the base part of the web has lace that would normally run inside but i moved to the outside since it was essentially just tucked in there not doing much of anything.

BEFORE
hYHooIo.jpg

eZcGKDx.jpg

96PD0AY.jpg

AFTER
8qDEdxr.jpg

OWXNMSj.jpg

vGSW2Xx.jpg

there was a mistake or 2 made along the way, one by choice but, since it's mine for gaming, i wasn't going back to fix lol. had enough!

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton EPG81WT. i had one of these several years ago when i didn't know a heck of a lot about gloves. i decided to pick up 2 of these for a good deal so i could relace one for my wife since she liked my Louisville above so much. her team colors after all. these came very narrow as originally laced and i figure that's at least in part due to wherever they were kept for the last 4-5 years. opened up nicely with the relace and probably would have kept my original if i'd have known what i know now. beautiful, stiff Seto leather on these.

BEFORE
ZW0zoIF.jpg

5WGJOaE.jpg

zLzJvpa.jpg

AFTER
pQqpyhg.jpg

mbzon85.jpg

DoFsb47.jpg

also changed the finger lacing like i did on the Louisville

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton EPG35B this is a ridiculous pattern as is highlighted by the yellow lol. the base part of the web has lace that would normally run inside but i moved to the outside since it was essentially just tucked in there not doing much of anything.

BEFORE
hYHooIo.jpg

eZcGKDx.jpg

96PD0AY.jpg

AFTER
8qDEdxr.jpg

OWXNMSj.jpg

vGSW2Xx.jpg

there was a mistake or 2 made along the way, one by choice but, since it's mine for gaming, i wasn't going back to fix lol. had enough!

Interesting update of a DCT pattern. Web and surrounding area like a DCT, but a double-break heel. I an think of a lot of guys who would like that. Does it like to close thumb to pinkie (DCTs fight that a bit).

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
it doesn't close at all at the moment lol. i picked this up new a while ago because i lost my old one and never got it all that broken in. now with so much new lace going in, it's stiffer than it was when new. if it breaks like the 35BW i had then it shouldn't be any problem

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
yearly post it would seem. i tend to forget to get both before and after pics on a lot of my projects. here is another Easton pro i picked up this week and had a little fun with.

BEFORE:
DtN7h3P.jpg

ff8e7Ch.jpg

qqYSowS.jpg

AFTER:
iJk3fHY.jpg

aczZKk5.jpg

see if i can find some others i've done over the past year

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i did a pair of these Mikens for sisters. one in purple and one in pink. only got pics of one lol. surprising how well the white cleaned up

BEFORE:
MxCOo3t.jpg

PP7uD4j.jpg

AFTER:
Mopm5b8.jpg

FJ9tRIL.jpg