Any Ever happen to you?

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Was calling the plate for a girls fast pitch game this weekend. Dropped down into the set position when I felt the outer stitching in the leg rip a little (about 3").

By the end of the game, the rip went all the way from my hip to my knee. Thankfully, I had on a pair of black Under Armour leggings, so most people didn't even notice. :eek:

I went all Bruce Banner on these pants...

7237017220_ba28d29eb1_c.jpg

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
It's never happened to me. And now that I've said that, the seat will probably rip out of my plate pants in my next game!

What brand of pants are these?

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the ass blow out of my pants in the first game of the day at a tournament... With no replacements available and wearing orange boxers.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
It's never happened to me. And now that I've said that, the seat will probably rip out of my plate pants in my next game!

What brand of pants are these?

Fechheimer. I'm surprised, too, as I have a dozen pairs of Fechheimers of varying ages. Never had a problem before. These plate pants have not seen that many games.

I've contacted Fechheimer, but have yet to get a response.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
hey ya don't hear me telling onhere i'm splitting my britches :D

When I was a freshman in high school, I was 6'0" tall and weighed 155. Even then, I had big legs. Volleyball has that effect. I've always had to wear the really, really relaxed fit jeans, or they're too damn tight.

Good thing you didn't wear the pink lacy underwears that day huh.

Only on Tuesdays. :D

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Was calling the plate for a girls fast pitch game this weekend. Dropped down into the set position when I felt the outer stitching in the leg rip a little (about 3").

By the end of the game, the rip went all the way from my hip to my knee. Thankfully, I had on a pair of black Under Armour leggings, so most people didn't even notice. :eek:

I went all Bruce Banner on these pants...

7237017220_ba28d29eb1_c.jpg

For that very reason is why I have a local laundry double stitch the crotch and inseam on all of my umpire pants. Had a pair blow up on me about 18 years ago and have been having the reinforcement done on my pants ever since. The lady who owns the place only charges $7.00 too.

BTW......this is what I woke up to yesterday morning......:D

Have internet access this a.m. for the first time in six days.....will probably not have it again until Saturday in Seattle.

05222012061.jpg

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
For that very reason is why I have a local laundry double stitch the crotch and inseam on all of my umpire pants. Had a pair blow up on me about 18 years ago and have been having the reinforcement done on my pants ever since. The lady who owns the place only charges $7.00 too.

Have internet access this a.m. for the first time in six days.....will probably not have it again until Saturday in Seattle.

05222012061.jpg

Very nice view, man!

My access is currently spotty as well, as I'm in Toronto. I've disabled the data connection on my phone, so I just have to wait until I'm back in the hotel.

When I was a freshman in high school, I was 6'0" tall and weighed 155. Even then, I had big legs. Volleyball has that effect. I've always had to wear the really, really relaxed fit jeans, or they're too damn tight.

i was the same way,till my gut caught up to my legs,alwaqqys split around the pocket area...:eek:

Only on Tuesdays. :D

05222012061.jpg

where ya at there gulf.....some pretty looking country.......