Everyone hates Kentucky

eHall

Base burglar
Only in college hoops can a guy have two teams put on probation, lose scholarships and have Final Fours and entire seasons removed from their history and get a bigger, better, higher profile job for more pay........How the **** does that happen??........And how can you support a cheater???

Prove that he cheated or was implicated for cheating. Sampson admitted and was caught breaking the rules. Pearl lied to the ncaa. Cal used players that were later ruled ineligible thanks to deeds the player did on his own.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
Prove that he cheated or was implicated for cheating. Sampson admitted and was caught breaking the rules. Pearl lied to the ncaa. Cal used players that were later ruled ineligible thanks to deeds the player did on his own.

But the real question is, where you saying this before he was coach of UK? If so, you might be .00001% of UK fans that felt that way.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
Just like that letdown vs baylor after getting revenge against IU. Teams dont have letdowns in the final four. Motivation isnt a problem.

UK vs UofL is a good matchup but i cant see the cards scoring 75 to beat UK. If the winning score is below 65, louisville might win. I still am not sure if davis is 100%. But at 80% he is still damn good.

Ucla has more championships, uk has been more relevant lately and more consistant. Swing hates when people say "we" as a fan, that argument is tired. Might as well attack spelling or grammar on the internet while you are at it.

As much as I dislike UK, I would say them, Duke, or UNC are the best programs in history. Not to slight UCLA, but like Primo said, 1 title in 40 years. That's kind of like the Red Sox before 2004. And I LOVE UCLA.

eHall

Base burglar
Only in college hoops can a guy have two teams put on probation, lose scholarships and have Final Fours and entire seasons removed from their history and get a bigger, better, higher profile job for more pay........How the **** does that happen??........And how can you support a cheater???

But the real question is, where you saying this before he was coach of UK? If so, you might be .00001% of UK fans that felt that way.

No. I jumped to conclusions (office space style) without looking at the facts. Its easy to say he cheats or has cheated. But the evidence is not there. Like i said before, if he was cheating at uk, it would come out quickly. The media cant wait to crucify and hang him.

eHall

Base burglar
you played at the UK...it's a little different

I have said this before, fans take more pride in wins and losses than any member of the team does. You dont see players rioting in thr streets after a win nor do you see them rubbing it in to every fan/team member of the opposition. I have no problem with fans saying we.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

No cheating huh?........Well......There were whole seasons and Final Fours lost for cheating. Whether he knew about it or not, is open to conjecture, but those programs suffered while he just walked away.

I'll bet you everything I own, that you never felt this way until he came to Kentucky, and if he were anywhere else you'd be vilifying him too, but since he's now it your school you defend him....That's cool though. That's the way a rat works.

eHall

Base burglar
No cheating huh?........Well......There were whole seasons and Final Fours lost for cheating. Whether he knew about it or not, is open to conjecture, but those programs suffered while he just walked away.

I'll bet you everything I own, that you never felt this way until he came to Kentucky, and if he were anywhere else you'd be vilifying him too, but since he's now it your school you defend him....That's cool though. That's the way a rat works.

I wouldnt expect you to worry about what actually happened to each of those universities. You have a story in your head about what you think happened to each school. You are subscribing to the "where there is smoke, there is fire theory".

Neither Umass nor Memphis received scholarship reduction penalties, they were never banned from post season play. In the NCAAs eyes, what Kelvin sampson, Bruce Pearl, Jim Calhoun, Steve Fisher, and Jim Tressel did were much worse than anything a team coached by calipari has done.

What did happen was that both had wins and final fours "vacated" from the record books for the use of ineligible players while calipari coached there.

Vacated victories still happened. Both the ncaa and schools benefited from those victories and final four runs. vacated wins are not forfeits, they are the ncaas feeble attempts at maintaining profits while still claiming to be an amateur organization.

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is why everyone believes that Coach Cal is dirty.... He uses a broker to sign athletes. World Wide Wes basically signs one-and-done players to a contract. He was an agent to agents. The agreement is to serve your time with Coach Cal and he would broker you to an NBA team. WWW was under the radar for years, but articles started popping up all over the place because his face was all over the place and he got flashy. He decided to go from being a 'secret' agent to a legit agent and his first (legit) clients were Demarcus Cousins and Jon Wall.

The crazy part is that he is still Calipari's boy and still contracting players. He's all over Anthony Davis. The NCAA is run by a bunch of crooks and UK will be fine with the current group of idiots (same folks that felt that it was ok for Cam Newton to play college football). However, if some ball-buster ever takes a seat, it could all unravel quickly for the C-A-T-S. I googled a couple of quick articles. It's amazing what Cal and Wes get away with.

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/World-Wide-Wes-influence-does-not-go-deep-in-basketball-world

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/30511454

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love UK fan's defense of Cal "He's never been caught, he wasn't linked to any of it." That's like the glove not fitting OJ excuse. Being IU fan, when I point this out, they always fire back w/ "IU was the one of probabtion because of Sampson" Oh yes, sending a few to many text messages, let's tar and feather the guy for that. That's like comparing jaywalking to rape.

It's actually exactly the same to what you're doing. You assume Cal's cheating because of the recruits he gets, and then his programs get sanctions. You're assuming he did more he didn't get caught for, but then you assume that Sampson was clean except for a few too many texts? Give me a break. He was at least as bad as Pearl, he was just smart enough to keep his mouth shut at some point.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm not going to lie, I laughed when Chaney choked him, but I doubt I said anything about him either way. Now, if he'd beaten us a lot, then that'd be a completely different story for me. :D

He's not like Bobby Knight. He played UK every year and beat us some. Everyone hated him. I think a lot of UK fans would sound off about Cal because they wanted to sound like they followed all college BBall. I don't. I follow UK, and catch some other crap on the side by accident.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldnt expect you to worry about what actually happened to each of those universities. You have a story in your head about what you think happened to each school. You are subscribing to the "where there is smoke, there is fire theory".

Neither Umass nor Memphis received scholarship reduction penalties, they were never banned from post season play. In the NCAAs eyes, what Kelvin sampson, Bruce Pearl, Jim Calhoun, Steve Fisher, and Jim Tressel did were much worse than anything a team coached by calipari has done.

What did happen was that both had wins and final fours "vacated" from the record books for the use of ineligible players while calipari coached there.

Vacated victories still happened. Both the ncaa and schools benefited from those victories and final four runs. vacated wins are not forfeits, they are the ncaas feeble attempts at maintaining profits while still claiming to be an amateur organization.

I can't believe what Calhoun has gotten away with. Last year was the second time he was suspended, right? How the hell is he still allowed to coach? This is him, straight up having knowledge, suspended. I don't see any grey area with that, but I guess UConn does.

I can say this swing, because he's too old to have a shot at coming to Kentucky. :D

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
It's actually exactly the same to what you're doing. You assume Cal's cheating because of the recruits he gets, and then his programs get sanctions. You're assuming he did more he didn't get caught for, but then you assume that Sampson was clean except for a few too many texts? Give me a break. He was at least as bad as Pearl, he was just smart enough to keep his mouth shut at some point.

See post #102

AdamDawgDude

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't believe what Calhoun has gotten away with. Last year was the second time he was suspended, right? How the hell is he still allowed to coach? This is him, straight up having knowledge, suspended. I don't see any grey area with that, but I guess UConn does.

I agree completely. I guess he gets a cancer exception or something.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
See post #102

So he cheats because of the slimey, perfectly legal things he does? I don't have a problem with someone not liking or respecting him. I just don't like him being the rapist in your analogy when an up and coming guy who admits to wrongdoing and multiple violations is the jaywalker.

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
So he cheats because of the slimey, perfectly legal things he does? I don't have a problem with someone not liking or respecting him. I just don't like him being the rapist in your analogy when an up and coming guy who admits to wrongdoing and multiple violations is the jaywalker.

That's "THERAPIST" Mr. Connery LOL

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it

Wait. So what you're saying is, just because a guy doesn't admit he's guilty, he's not as bad as a guy who does? I've got unpaid parking tickets. I'm worse than OJ or the guy who shot Trayvon Martin now?

The lengths you UK fans go to defend a guy you'd bash if he wasn't your coach is astonishing. I bet he could rape your mother and you guys would try and find a way to call it legal.

eHall

Base burglar
Wait. So what you're saying is, just because a guy doesn't admit he's guilty, he's not as bad as a guy who does? I've got unpaid parking tickets. I'm worse than OJ or the guy who shot Trayvon Martin now?

The lengths you UK fans go to defend a guy you'd bash if he wasn't your coach is astonishing. I bet he could rape your mother and you guys would try and find a way to call it legal.

And that is different from every fan base? In big time sports and business, your biggest enemy one day might be your best friend the next day. It is results that matter.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
And that is different from every fan base? In big time sports and business, your biggest enemy one day might be your best friend the next day. It is results that matter.

I would honestly rather have Tom Crean than Calipari. Risk isn't worth the reward, IMO.

eHall

Base burglar
officiating was horrible every call went Kentuckys way... bull****

Are you kidding me? Check the charge calls, not one of them was a legit charge. The more agresssive offensive team gets to the line. Its not like uk made the free throws to make it a 15 point game.

Louisville missed 8 dunk or layups.
X