Everyone hates Kentucky

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS

Well.........I mean Houston as good as Kentucky and both better than Tarks UNLV team when Houston lost to NC State and Georgetown and Kentucky barely got past a pretty good Kansas team..........While UNLV blew out a very good Duke time in a title game???......But, UK and Houston are better than the UNLV team??.........

rgm381

<font color="#EE0000">growing older not up</font>
congrats to UK and to Cal......better team won last night. That's the best college bball team i ever saw.....too big, too long, too quick and too athletic....

Eh, I don't think they were any better than the UNC team from a couple of years ago

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Eh, I don't think they were any better than the UNC team from a couple of years ago

Lawson's team?

my deal w/ Kentucky is they are such a matchup nightmare......Davis plays like he's 8 foot, Jones is a HUGE 4 and MKG is 6'7/8 w/ stupid athleticism at the 3.....no one has 3 guys who can matchup w/ those 3......if their guards shoot at all, i dont think i've seen a team who would beat them more times than not.

I dont see Ellington and Psycho-T fairing much better than Trob and Withe did last night....what i woudl have liked to see is a healthy UNC w/ Barnes, Henson and Zeller

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
I like Rick Patino lead 95'-96' wildcats. Better coach and like 10 future NBA'ers.

It is a bit pointless to compare teams from today to teams pre 2000. The quality of NCAA basketball was much higher in the 80's and 90's. Everyone started leaving early. (soph and frosh)

Personally I'd bank my chances on NC /w Jordan, Worthy, Perkins, and supporting cast including Brad Daugherty.

Last edited:

rgm381

Lawson's team?

my deal w/ Kentucky is they are such a matchup nightmare......Davis plays like he's 8 foot, Jones is a HUGE 4 and MKG is 6'7/8 w/ stupid athleticism at the 3.....no one has 3 guys who can matchup w/ those 3......if their guards shoot at all, i dont think i've seen a team who would beat them more times than not.

I dont see Ellington and Psycho-T fairing much better than Trob and Withe did last night....what i woudl have liked to see is a healthy UNC w/ Barnes, Henson and Zeller

Yes, the Lawson squad. Sean May would have been some help also. I agree on UNC this tourney also. Going in I felt it was a 2 team race. Once Barnes went down, I figured it would be UK for sure.

thomas_z71

Addicted to Softballfans
Too many people base this ish on how they did in the NBA. I don't care if none of the Kentucky players get drafted, they are the best team I've seen play.

Bush Leaguer

That's Part of it
Too many people base this ish on how they did in the NBA. I don't care if none of the Kentucky players get drafted, they are the best team I've seen play.

This. Adam Morrison has been pure ish in the NBA but no one can deny he was beast in college. Sean May too.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
may was Roy's first year when he won w/ other dudes players...

Lawsons' team was very very good....but i dont think they had the outside shot to beat UK.

rgm381

Guess I will age myself, with this post. The 1st dominant college players I remember or at least I thought they were dominant at the time was Charles Barkley, Danny Ferry, Danny Manning

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Kenyan Martin was the first "dominant" player i remember.....wasn't ever a real big college hoops guy. I just remember watching that cat play and thinking, no one on that floor can stop him.

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
The first guy I remember thinking, holy **** this guy is a monster:

tumblr_ljbg7onbb81qzto45o1_500.png

The second was Issah Rider. One of the most gifted, laziest, ill tempered bastard that ever played college / pro basketball. I can see why he smoked the chronic all the time, he needed it to even himself out and not throw drinks in peoples faces.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Lawson's team?

If Kansas could shoot jumpers that would have been a decent game. The college 3 point line is so close that if you get a team with a couple hot guards, they can beat any team led by big men. Kansas' outside shooting was HORRIBLE. They made Kentucky look much better than they were.

UNC doesn't shoot that well outside either. Kentucky smokes them too.

eHall

Base burglar
If Kansas could shoot jumpers that would have been a decent game. The college 3 point line is so close that if you get a team with a couple hot guards, they can beat any team led by big men. Kansas' outside shooting was HORRIBLE. They made Kentucky look much better than they were.

Any team hitting jumpers and 3 pointers will be in a game with uk. Not many teams shot it well all season against UK, that is good defense not poor shooting.

Kansas shot it poorly in nearly every tourney game. Expecting them to shoot it well against the best defensive team was unrealistic too.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans

Kentucky beat unc by 2. Smokes them??? You must not know much about basketball. Unc when healthy was an absolute perfect Match up with Kentucky. Watch the game and you can't deny it. Even across the board.

LngBallLvr

Addicted to Softballfans
Kentucky beat unc by 2. Smokes them??? You must not know much about basketball. Unc when healthy was an absolute perfect Match up with Kentucky. Watch the game and you can't deny it. Even across the board.

UNC's 3 point shooting was shaky this year however they made 11 out of 18 threes that game and still lost at home. N. Carolina played out of their minds that game. Kentucky's length and athleticism takes it easily over a N. Carolina. Kentucky was playing at a different level come tourney time. I watched all of N Carolina's games in the tourney and they looked VERY beatable, even in the games they won.

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
UNC's 3 point shooting was shaky this year however they made 11 out of 18 threes that game and still lost at home. N. Carolina played out of their minds that game. Kentucky's length and athleticism takes it easily over a N. Carolina. Kentucky was playing at a different level come tourney time. I watched all of N Carolina's games in the tourney and they looked VERY beatable, even in the games they won.

Couple things. They lost on the road to Kentucky. Zellar, Henson, and Barnes are every bit as long as kentuckys front 3. Thought they aren't as athletic. And as I said unc when healthy. Unc was the walking wounded in the tournament and still made an elite 8 appearance.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
This. Adam Morrison has been pure ish in the NBA but no one can deny he was beast in college. Sean May too.

Adam Morrison was not even the best player in college that year............For anyone who knew **** it was Brandon Roy......Morrison never even won Player Of The Year, it was Red****......Also another stellar pro :rolleyes:

KAPTHAT

AREA LEGEND
couple things. They lost on the road to kentucky. Zellar, henson, and barnes are every bit as long as kentuckys front 3. Thought they aren't as athletic. And as i said unc when healthy. Unc was the walking wounded in the tournament and still made an elite 8 appearance.

truth.....

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Kenyan Martin was the first "dominant" player i remember.....wasn't ever a real big college hoops guy. I just remember watching that cat play and thinking, no one on that floor can stop him.

Now you're making sense...........There is no way that this Kentucky team, while it is good would beat the '82 Champion Tar Heels......The 84' Champion Hoyas......The '90 UNLV team or the '91 Duke team. Not that Kentucky isn't very good this year, but they'd have a really hard time beating those talent laden teams led by veteran players. I think the experience would win out. Maybe Kentucky is the best team you've seen, but I've seen better.

Last edited: