Evil FuseTech

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
COKEMAN, thanks for taking the time to respond. You are correct, there really is not much we can do without spending an unnecessary amount of time and legal expense and even with that, ending up in the same place. All I can do is try and produce the best quality softballs we can make and take care of our customers. Beyond that Im going outside of what I can control and that usually just leads to frustration. I have said it many times since 2003, Evil is not for everyone. I guess I actually knew something back then.
milesej, Remember what they say, You cant fix stupid

Naugle40

Addicted to Softballfans
We have ASA tournaments that only allow Dudley Thunder Heats and you must purchase them at the field. If you're found to be using a Evil, Tattoo or any other ball, you're ejected from the tourney.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
This is truly an odd situation, having regulations in an unregulated environment. Its supposed to follow association rules but no, wait, we are going to modify that. This puts us in a no win situation as we can only do our best to be association compliant.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Nothing like playing in a league where the league director modifies everything to their liking/play..... Sometimes knowing too much is a bad thing.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I remember reading on here that there were some leagues that wouldn't allow any Combats but the JMac Plagues. That makes sense. Allow the hottest one they make... :confused:

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
"Local rules are made by fools".... heard that once....

I must say that's the first I have heard of leagues banning certain balls. Heck, I used to use ASA stamped TA's (even though they have been banned by ASA for years) and no one said anything because they had the ASA stamp...

I have always heard about "No Miken" leagues back when they would be shaved all the time.

Country469

if someone is bitching about legal balls being used they are not worth listening to anyway. This whole give in and let the lowest players dictate everything because they have money is what is ruining softball.

sosa2314

Laser show
How is there a No Evil rule when they are association certified?? Where is this?

Buggs its in the middle of nowhere Colorado. We have no standard (ASA, Utrip, ect) so its kind of mix and match. Ive been working on them to fix it but they wont. I sort of blame myself. A few years ago the standard here was Super Blue dots, I brought in your 44/525 balls and they outperformed everyone else. Once they toned back the balls its been a NO EVIL and NO TRUMP rule. Gold Dots or similar.

sosa2314

Laser show
"Local rules are made by fools".... heard that once....

I must say that's the first I have heard of leagues banning certain balls. Heck, I used to use ASA stamped TA's (even though they have been banned by ASA for years) and no one said anything because they had the ASA stamp...

I have always heard about "No Miken" leagues back when they would be shaved all the time.

When I was stationed in Hawaii they wouldnt let me use my Miken Freak for similar reasons. Its crap.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was told Ohio has a deal with worth, so all local utrip tournies require hot dots.

MoeKnowsSoftbal

Addicted to Softballfans
My experience with the Tattoo NX3 was less than desirable. The sheer fact that it says EVIL on it means I cant use it here anyway. (League rules....NO EVIL) Would love to hit them though, just to see.

My experience with the NX3 ASA ball has been nothing but positive. Bought one box last year. Used them all this year, too. They clean up very well, and last a long time.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
My experience with the NX3 ASA ball has been nothing but positive. Bought one box last year. Used them all this year, too. They clean up very well, and last a long time.
Which ones did you get. I got a doz Classic+ for our indoor softball and by 3rd inning all the writing was gone on the ball.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
As previously stated there are production problems with that factory that dont meet the standards for Evil. If they can fix these issues we will reconsider. At this point we are staying on corse with our HOT and Special blends. I can tell you a new cover material is in the works but its too early to comment on its usefulness. Going into my 14th season with Evil and I am always trying to find ways to increase value for our customers. This year will be no different.