Excellent Customer Service from the D - Aftermath Utrip Ordeal

THESHOE

Starting Player
So, I contacted Demarini Canada today about the bat.

Sent them the same pics as seen on here.

After reminding me of the usual temperature and cold balls spiel I expected, which don't we all know by now to keep bats and balls indoors overnight etc this time of year? But I guess they can't read minds and personalities so.

Anywho, Demarini will be replacing my Aftermath without dinging me the return since it broke well under 100 hits.

You can't ask for much better than that. Here's to hoping I just had a bogus bat with a defect or something, and this next one will last. Hoping this new one takes me to 800+ because it is a good bat.

It sure is a damn good bat early out of wrapper. And I was sad it broke so easy and so soon initially.

Gotta say, well dome Demarini (Canada) CS team. I am impressed.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
It seems like Demarini treats their customers like honest adults in the hope that they behave like honest adults. I love it and I'm glad it worked out well for you.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Yup that was classy of them for sure.

Had my doubts, as I had been screwed in other sporting good warranties like this before so I didn't exactly have high hopes.

Now just crossing fingers the new AM bat will last and stay in the bag a little longer. Ideally not requiring a return "again".

Classy of them to acknowledge this was unusual and not dinging me the return I have under my receipt. :bigok:

As for the adult comment, yes indeed, and this is why they earned a post like this from me. When good things happen, I will gladly talk about it.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Well, just to show how great they are, they still chose to stand and honour to help the customer.

Bat #2 (Utrip AM) broke in about 20 cuts no more of game at bats.

They opted to offer another model (True One) which at this point to me is welcome. Not sure wtf I do wrong with the AM, but it doesn't last a week with me hitting 52's. Just keeps doing the Shark toothing below end cap almost right away.

Not like I am not hitting center barrel either. And Hitting above 60F and 52's. So I guess I was just unlucky, but thankful they are willing to send me bat #3 in another model with a more durable history behind it.

Just sad, because the AM Utrip really hits the 52 super well.

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been hitting .44/.40/.52s with my True One in some questionable weather at times and have 5-600 total hacks on it and not so much as anything but some bag scratches, seems to be loosening up nicely too...screw a flipper

Teammate has a True One. Loves it. Thing is a tank. Will forever outlast my Flipper. But I'll take my flipper every single day. Until it fails compression this summer.