ASA fair or foul

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a hot buck riding on this.
If the ball is hit in the air past third base and the outfielder standing in fair territory makes contact with the ball while in the air in foul territory and drops the ball.Is the ball live or a foul ball?

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
If the ball is hit in the air past third base and the outfielder standing in fair territory makes contact with the ball while in the air in foul territory and drops the ball.Is the ball live or a foul ball?

fouuuuuuuuul

kingbenny

Addicted to Softballfans
ok ok I can take the heat. I said if the ball is in the air when I go for it and I am in fair territory that if I attempt to catch the ball, while in fair territory and the ball is still in the air although seemingly going foul i on the other side of the white line and I touch it and drop it, the ball is in play.
There I said it.

Joker

the only thing that matters is the location of the ball, its not the NFL dragging your toes means nothing

Arrgh

Addicted to Softballfans
i think you're the example. guy said he can take his lumps, no need for you to ride in on your white horse for him

You are another example.

Some people are here to ask question to learn, but some of you like to ridicule others. There's no need for that.

If you like to defend a bully, then you're just as much a bully.

Last edited:

beernbombs

Abby's dad
ASA ruling- touchdown.

The op's original view on fair/foul is far too common among players. I've had 5 or 6 arguments about this from players this year in only 15 games.

Where the fielder is is irrelevant to a fair or foul call.

Joker

the only thing that matters is the location of the ball, its not the NFL dragging your toes means nothing

You are another example.

Some people are here to ask question to learn, but some of you like to ridicule others. There's no need for that.

yes i hate that i don't provide any insight to topic at hand

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
You are another example.

No crying! No crying!!

If you don't appreciate ball busting, you might want to consider a different sport....or maybe gender reassignment.

Relax Francis. This is men's slowpitch softball, combined with the internet.

There is nothing to get upset about. Reach down between your legs, do a testicle check and tell me to go **** myself. I will laugh, you will laugh and we can all go on about our business.

DeputyUICHousto

Addicted to Softballfans
Actually...

Its both. The ball remains live but its foul. Runners can still tag up if its caught.

Damn if the OP didn't say he dropped the ball...then its a dead ball foul...duh.

Last edited:

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
ok ok I can take the heat. I said if the ball is in the air when I go for it and I am in fair territory that if I attempt to catch the ball, while in fair territory and the ball is still in the air although seemingly going foul i on the other side of the white line and I touch it and drop it, the ball is in play.
There I said it.
Kudos for being honest, this is a mistake a lot of people make. At least you know the right answer now.