USSSA Fair or Foul

donthate

Addicted to Softballfans
I know the answer, but this came up during a game last night.

Batter hits long foul ball that the right fielder attempts to catch in foul territory, but in doing so the ball pops out of the glove and lands in fair territory. What is the call?

:)

newram05

Addicted to Softballfans
position of ball if not touched determines fair or foul. If it would have landed fair or if it would have landed foul with no outside force. player touching it had not effect, even if they say "but the player was in fair territory and reached over foul to catch and drops it, its a FOUL ball....

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
position of ball if not touched determines fair or foul. If it would have landed fair or if it would have landed foul with no outside force. player touching it had not effect, even if they say "but the player was in fair territory and reached over foul to catch and drops it, its a FOUL ball....

What on earth are you talking about? :wtf2:

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar

No..... just no.

dtrotd

Coach
Pretty sure he's calling you an idiot for asking a question that 10 year olds know.
Hey guys...
I know the answer already but what is 2+2?

donthate

Addicted to Softballfans
That's ok. I just post questions that I get. Some are better than other.

Gotta love the Haters and the smart asses. 2+2=one across the plate.

LoudMouf

Starting Player
Was this a test? I am not good at tests......

The answer is E- All of the Above

Yea thats what I will go with

sjury

The Old Man
This is funny. The similar question was asked on a FB forum and there were almost 200 comments, going back and forth fair/foul, and there are a lot of people that think if the fielder's feet are fair the ball is fair, and where the ball touches the ground. One guy preludes his post with how many associations and national tourneys he's umpired, and said if the fielder's feet are contacting fair territory then its fair, but if he's diving it's where it's touched....SMH. It's not as basic as you would think.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
This is funny. The similar question was asked on a FB forum and there were almost 200 comments, going back and forth fair/foul, and there are a lot of people that think if the fielder's feet are fair the ball is fair, and where the ball touches the ground. One guy preludes his post with how many associations and national tourneys he's umpired, and said if the fielder's feet are contacting fair territory then its fair, but if he's diving it's where it's touched....SMH. It's not as basic as you would think.

It's basic. Where was the ball when we need to give it a status?

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Pretty sure he's calling you an idiot for asking a question that 10 year olds know.
Hey guys...
I know the answer already but what is 2+2?

No that would be a mean thing to do.

Hey guys can it be an infield fly if it lands on the grass?