Fans of Japanese Gloves

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Anyone else a fan of Japanese baseball gloves? There's something about their crazy designs that appeals to me. I like that they don't look anything like American gloves and you can get them in wild colors. I'm not good enough to go out on the mound flashing a neon red Nike Shado and I also wouldn't want to have to relace some of these with their intricate lacing patterns, but that doesn't stop me from wanting one (or more). I just wish it didn't cost to much to get one over here.

Here are some interesting ones I've seen:

ShaDo-Elite-J.png

homerun-nike-baseball-glove-bf1696-001-sha-do-elite-j.jpg

DSC08259.jpg

img60954627.jpg

img59172256.jpg

img59172385.jpg

mizuno-pro-limited-edition-glove.jpg

Zett-rigid-rod-font-b-softball-b-font-font-b-gloves-b-font-5701-black.jpg

ZETT-12-inch-Orange-Cowhide-Leather-Infield-Softball-Baseball-Gloves-BPGT8506.jpg

$_57.JPG

So much more fun than a boring basket web, right?

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I get dizzy just trying to follow the lace pattern on that Kubota Slugger mod-trap. I have nothing but respect for whoever it is that laces those things up at the factory. They must have ultimate patience.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Those Japanese Rawlings traps are freaking awesome. That Rawlings logo is so much nicer than ours. I feel like they put a lot more effort into the appearance of their gloves over there, even the US manufacturers.

CAA439AE-5487-4908-A111-D134E626473A_zps30rqu5mt.png

I need that Mizuno in a size 15...

1399413110_zpsc37f1180.jpg

Jomatty

Starting Player
Usually when i see them I think they would look better with an h web. That said the I web with the top laced like a mod trap is interesting. Might be an interesting project on gloves that are being web swapped and have holes to fill. The single posts with the lace down the center post looks good too.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Is that snake skin?? That's a little flashy for me but I totally dig that Wilson logo.

Also, whoa... that is too much lace. There are just laces going everywhere. lol

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Yeah they do, they don't appear to be made from the same leather as the US models either. I thought they were Mizunos when I first saw them. I would really like to check one out but I can't bring myself to pay the import fees for a US brand haha.