Favorite glove ever

Jomatty

Starting Player
Do any of you guys have one glove that sticks out in your mind as your favorite ever? In high school in the early nineties I had a hoh pro6b that I loved so much. Fastback and basket web, two things I no longer prefer and I would kill to have that glove again. Just bought a beat to hell pro6b as a project glove. It is bigger than the one I had by at least 1/4 inch but still should be a fun project.

Has anyone else had a clear favorite through the years?

sbfreak

D Nation ALL DAY!!!
My favorite glove ever was my Nike pro gold primera that I used when I played 1b in baseball. That glove was sweet and you never see them anywhere. For softball I can't put down my bmb-ob that I've been using for about 3 years. Not the greatest leather in the world, but the pattern is perfect for softball.

RockyMTNHusker

Addicted to Softballfans
GMP55r... if i could buy 5 right now i would... i had the opportunity to buy another and waited to long and it was gone :(

Mine would be my pro-rv23b. It's not the absolute stiff that the tan model is, and it is broken in perfectly. I use it all over the field, 3rd 1st or in the outfield.

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a HOH PROP12P that I had in little league about 15 years ago. It was a special edition Kevin Brown model that I picked up at the Rawlings outlet in Myrtle Beach. I've been on the lookout for another, but haven't seen one since.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
my all time favorite was my orginal Rawlings TB24

pawlicki71.gif

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
PRO12TXCKPRO. Had to retire mine last year. Still occasionally bring it out for the big games.

I do the same thing with TB24.
She comes out for the playoffs.
I'm debating relacing it, if I do
I feel I should burn the old laces
and release the spirits in them

F

floz00

Addicted to Softballfans
Rawlings Pro-CFCB
Blackhorse
Strange pattern, but the perfect glove for me. I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I could find one.
Used mine for over 15 years 3-5 games per week.
Finally got a tear in the pocket and is no longer usable or salvageable.
Still have t found another glove that compares to it, and I've tried them all!

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
My current gamer, PI 1781. Never had a glove of such high quality and a pattern that was absolutely ideal for my position.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I do the same thing with TB24.
She comes out for the playoffs.
I'm debating relacing it, if I do
I feel I should burn the old laces
and release the spirits in them

F

First you need to build an alter to burn it on.

The leather and shape is still good on my 12XTCK but the binding has a couple small tears in different parts. The tears aren't that noticeable unless you look for it but I wanted to save her from significant damage. I'm seriously considering having that Kenny Jenkins guy redo the binding. I hear he does decent work.

mikgars

Manager
Favorite glove ever.... first thing that comes to mind is Rawlings sixth finger traps that's why I still have several of 'em laying around. But right now the glove I wouldn't trade for anything is the 18327. Measures out right at 13" and weighs just under 23oz. I've had it for a around a year now and it just keeps getting better, it makes me wonder why I need more than one glove. This year I've used it at first, second, third, ss and the OF. Its perfect.

gold_glove9

<font color="Orange">Utility Player</font>
Mine for hardball was an 11.5" Mizuno BUW that I still miss. Then my old SSK.

Last edited:

Jomatty

Starting Player
I Agree with the guys talking about the pros27. I have one now that I could use everywhere without a second thought. Sure sign I'm a victim of SPF group think that my two favorite gloves are fast backs and I hold it against both of them.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
First you need to build an alter to burn it on.

The leather and shape is still good on my 12XTCK but the binding has a couple small tears in different parts. The tears aren't that noticeable unless you look for it but I wanted to save her from significant damage. I'm seriously considering having that Kenny Jenkins guy redo the binding. I hear he does decent work.

I've seen some of his work it's amazing what he can do. But try emailing and talking to him I couldn't quite understand him too well lol

powermatt99

Gloveman
When I was a freshman in high school, my grandmother got me a Wilson Conform (predecessor to the A3000 which was predecessor to the A2K series) 1915. It was the same pattern as an a2000-L but with the dial fit system used by Glavine and other MLBers. I had to have it relaced twice and the sheerling replaced. I purchased an A2000-L so I could retire the Conform. Unfortunately, both were stolen out of my truck after a fall-ball game. I eventually found another Conform in a different pattern but I miss the original.

gold_glove9

<font color="Orange">Utility Player</font>
When I was a freshman in high school, my grandmother got me a Wilson Conform (predecessor to the A3000 which was predecessor to the A2K series) 1915. It was the same pattern as an a2000-L but with the dial fit system used by Glavine and other MLBers. I had to have it relaced twice and the sheerling replaced. I purchased an A2000-L so I could retire the Conform. Unfortunately, both were stolen out of my truck after a fall-ball game. I eventually found another Conform in a different pattern but I miss the original.

I also had the Conform glove that Barry Larkin used. That was a sweet glove.

thirdbase24

Addicted to Softballfans
PRO12TXCKPRO. Had to retire mine last year. Still occasionally bring it out for the big games.

This has been the one unfulfilled glove on my want list for years. its so rare that I see them. In fact, can't remember the list time I've seen one up for sale...or even bragged about.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
This has been the one unfulfilled glove on my want list for years. its so rare that I see them. In fact, can't remember the list time I've seen one up for sale...or even bragged about.
I've seen one on eBay once and another on VGF. My local shop had about a dozen when I bought mine. I was planning on buying another when I returned from a trip but (when I was still on the plane) I got a text from a buddy notifying me that the storefront burned down. And thus my life of hoarding multiples started.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Mizuno GIC-3E a present from my grandmother for making varisty my sophomore year. I was using a lower end mizuno at the time and couldn't believe I had such a great glove. Years later I lost that glove to a moldy basement in Chicago. After I came back to the game I spent years on eBay trying to find one, and by the time I finally had one, got Davis relacing to fix it up, I had become accustomed to the new gloves and tech that I never ended up using it. Just didn't compare to a2k and HoH I've been using now. Like the saying goes, "you can't go home again"