Feb Military Qualifier in Tucson

jOeyb00

Addicted to Softballfans
any updates? I know Governament Issue is in the finals but that is all

It was a fun tourney. Kind of got screwy at the end. In the OPEN tourney, COMMISION, a local D team, opted not to play anymore military teams so dipped out. That left DM and Coast2Coast to play each other to get to GI. C2C won in the bottom of the 8th to advance...then decided not to play GI again. So GI won the 1st tourney by only playing 3 games. Then the military tourney started. FBT beat Luke and then had to play GI. DM and Coast 2 Coast immediately had a rematch and DM hung a 40 spot and won 40-12. GI beat FBT by 7 and then played DM for the ship. GI came out on top 31-14 or something like that. It was fun for the first tourney of the year. Some good teams out here. FBT picked up some ballers and C2C is going to get a bunch of wins. I will say this, if DM gets everyone on the same page, with the current people they have and the ones slated to PCS in, they are going to flat out murder people in the B's....and thats w/one of their better players (Mon) leaving to play w/C2C. It was a great weekend seeing everyone out there. Roger busted his but to make this happen and all the teams pitched in and presented him some $$$ to help offset his costs. Its going to be a fun season....

DaIrishman

Shut Up And Play
It was a fun tourney. Kind of got screwy at the end. In the OPEN tourney, COMMISION, a local D team, opted not to play anymore military teams so dipped out. That left DM and Coast2Coast to play each other to get to GI. C2C won in the bottom of the 8th to advance...then decided not to play GI again. So GI won the 1st tourney by only playing 3 games. Then the military tourney started. FBT beat Luke and then had to play GI. DM and Coast 2 Coast immediately had a rematch and DM hung a 40 spot and won 40-12. GI beat FBT by 7 and then played DM for the ship. GI came out on top 31-14 or something like that. It was fun for the first tourney of the year. Some good teams out here. FBT picked up some ballers and C2C is going to get a bunch of wins. I will say this, if DM gets everyone on the same page, with the current people they have and the ones slated to PCS in, they are going to flat out murder people in the B's....and thats w/one of their better players (Mon) leaving to play w/C2C. It was a great weekend seeing everyone out there. Roger busted his but to make this happen and all the teams pitched in and presented him some $$$ to help offset his costs. Its going to be a fun season....

That is what I hear about DM, they have a good core, just need that one piece to bring it all together.