Feedback on Capire Custom Gloves

chpr10j

Addicted to Softballfans
I am thinking about pulling the string on a custom Capire glove. I've had my current glove for about 13 years (Nokona). I've been flirting with a custom glove for a couple of years. Looked at a bunch of different options, but seems like Capire offers the most custom options at a decent price. Anyone purchased one recently?? I'm concerned with the break in time. I see there are options offered for breaking in that I may go with. Looking to the group for some feedback. Thanks!

MaverickAH

I have one (Classic) that came pre softened. It still requires a week or two of break-in. The quality, fit & finish is solid along the lines of an A2000.

chpr10j

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one (Classic) that came pre softened. It still requires a week or two of break-in. The quality, fit & finish is solid along the lines of an A2000.

I take it your happy with it? Any suggestions? I've read some complaints about the laces feeling like more plastic than leather. What do you think? I appreciate your feedback.

MaverickAH

I take it your happy with it? Any suggestions? I've read some complaints about the laces feeling like more plastic than leather. What do you think? I appreciate your feedback.

I've got no issues with the laces. Mine are gray & the quality is sufficient. It's not top-of-the-line but I don't feel a need to replace them. If there is an issue with laces it might be color dependent. I don't know.......

What I will say is this........

I think that it's a glove that offers above average value when you take into consideration that you're getting customization. The workmanship is excellent, it's relatively light & the palm padding (Normal) is perfect & natural feeling.

Leather quality is high. It seems to be a 3.5 oz. steerhide leather that's dry & tightly grained. The dryness is what accounts for the light weight (20.7oz). It also account for why it still takes some time to break in even after being pre softened. It has a kip-like quality to it.