Firecracker

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Heard through Cory at MCCS there are 3 teams registered as of today. Legion, Mayhem and Yokota's womens team.

Deadline to enter is Monday 24 June. Pretty damn pathetic. This used to be one of the premier tournies to play in the Pacific.

CGT

ewagus

Addicted to Softballfans
Latest update I've heard is 15 mens teams all from Oki. Looks like it's going to be a typical weekend tournament with the same old teams.

Last edited:

maccamp

Addicted to Softballfans
E, you are absolutely right. CGT, they advertised a bad schedule again and they would even assist the off island teams with transportation from the airport or setting up lodging. So some teams cannot come since they cannot find lodging. The tourney was advertised 2-7 July. 2nd-1800-2400, 3rd-1800-2400, 4th-0000-2400, 5th-1800-2400, 6th-0000-2400, 7th-0000-2200.
They moved the coaches meeting to the 27th before any off island teams would be here.

Just going down hill even since I have been here, it's a shame. I think you need to retire and come back over here CGT to run this stuff.

We will miss you this year brother!

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
E, you are absolutely right. CGT, they advertised a bad schedule again and they would even assist the off island teams with transportation from the airport or setting up lodging. So some teams cannot come since they cannot find lodging. The tourney was advertised 2-7 July. 2nd-1800-2400, 3rd-1800-2400, 4th-0000-2400, 5th-1800-2400, 6th-0000-2400, 7th-0000-2200.
They moved the coaches meeting to the 27th before any off island teams would be here.

Just going down hill even since I have been here, it's a shame. I think you need to retire and come back over here CGT to run this stuff.

We will miss you this year brother!

I'd love to Mattie...if you can convince somebody at Kadena or Foster to hire me on at a minimum GS-9/11 with housing and school for my kids I'm in!

It's absolutely ridiculous to believe, that on a true 4 day weekend that MCCS couldn't figure out how to correctly run the Firecracker. Teams fly in on Wednesday the 3rd, coaches meeting, icebreaker and skills competion held that evening. Opening ceremony at 0800 Thursday morning, first games commence at 0900. Run the round robin Thursday and part of Friday depending on the amount of teams and start the double elim Friday evening into Saturday and championship Sunday morning. Hell, depending on the amount of teams you could probably finish it up Saturday night if you wanted to.

It's a damn shame the sports program on Oki has fallen off so drastically. People seem to always blame it on money...don't get me wrong that's part of it, but I can tell you, the give a **** factor from the gym staffs and support from leadership concerning these events is unsat.

Looks like we're down to only one Grand Slam event in the Pacific now...hopefully we can hold on to the Pac-Wide in Korea for a few years to come.

Oki boys, ya'll enjoy your local beat up on each other tournament that used to be one of the great one's!

CGT

RedFalcon_27

Ball Collector
I'd love to Mattie...if you can convince somebody at Kadena or Foster to hire me on at a minimum GS-9/11 with housing and school for my kids I'm in!

It's absolutely ridiculous to believe, that on a true 4 day weekend that MCCS couldn't figure out how to correctly run the Firecracker. Teams fly in on Wednesday the 3rd, coaches meeting, icebreaker and skills competion held that evening. Opening ceremony at 0800 Thursday morning, first games commence at 0900. Run the round robin Thursday and part of Friday depending on the amount of teams and start the double elim Friday evening into Saturday and championship Sunday morning. Hell, depending on the amount of teams you could probably finish it up Saturday night if you wanted to.

It's a damn shame the sports program on Oki has fallen off so drastically. People seem to always blame it on money...don't get me wrong that's part of it, but I can tell you, the give a **** factor from the gym staffs and support from leadership concerning these events is unsat.

Looks like we're down to only one Grand Slam event in the Pacific now...hopefully we can hold on to the Pac-Wide in Korea for a few years to come.

Oki boys, ya'll enjoy your local beat up on each other tournament that used to be one of the great one's!

CGT

Pretty freakin sad boys. Firecracker was a great tournament. What's the status of the Kadena Classic Matty? If MCCS can't get their **** together, then start that bish back up yourself!

maccamp

Addicted to Softballfans
I was working with the gym on the Classic, but then the athletic director went TDynand no one to take over for him.