First Question

Erburn

I am a new poster but after a couple months of lurking I joined so I could get your opinion on a first custom glove. I have always used a Rawlings mainly just an off the rack glove but I love the feel of them and the size. I am going to go for my first custom glove but my question is this. What are the major differences in the heart of hide and the pro preferred? I guess I should say for a weekend warrior who only plays in one league is it worth the $100 more for the pro preferred? I play pitcher and I know what style I want just want to know the difference in the leathers.

Thanks for the help!

DatDuke

For custom. (Not pro department). The Hoh will give you more options with color combo. If you don't get free gloves every year, get the HoH.

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
It comes down to personal preference on how the leather feels to you. The price difference between PP vs HOH is a marketing thing. It probably costs Rawlings the same (or little difference) to manufacture them. That said, the camel on the PP is much better than the camel HOH. And I prefer the PP rich tan over the current HOH tans. Mocha is a nice PP color too. But there are other options with the HOH line that are personal favorites of mine (the pull leathers) which often detract me from spending the extra $90. Feel free to ask any questions on particular leathers that you are considering. Collectively as a forum, someone will have some info for you.

Whatever you choose, order thru Chad (milocoman) for the forum member price on customs. He offers a very good deal and excellent customer service should anything go wrong with your order.