Fix my swing?

Softball.com:

Revoke36

Looking for any and all advice. Main issue is popping up and not getting the sweet spot of the barrel on the ball. I’m also really bad at pitch selection.

blakcherry329

It looks like your timing is a little off, at least on this swing. Also, you're a little off-balance with your follow-through(falling off to the 3b side). You're using your feet to rotate, stepping toward 3rd, instead of hip rotation and stepping straight ahead. You're also casting, a little, because of your footwork. Gotta keep your hands closer to your body

Revoke36

Thanks! The hands out is actually a new thing I’m try per a Demarini video I watched. I’ll mess around with the foot work. Thanks for that insight.

JFBallPlayer

looks like an all arm swing to me. soft toss with no step at full stride to get those hips and lower half involved.
when you preload id try to keep the hands up/back to help the barrel stay level to help eliminate the pop ups
again soft toss will help then take BP again and see the difference

Revoke36

Thanks! So am I dropping my hands too much here? I’ve been told I drop my hands a lot. So I’ve been trying to work on that but even when I feel I’m not, vids like this show that I still am

kvander

Addicted to Softballfans
You and Normy both are hitting the ball too far out in front. Pause your videos where the ball is about 18-20" from the barrel, that is the point in your swings where you should be making contact. Basically at your front foot, where the bat pointing to the camera. Swing later.

Normy

You and Normy both are hitting the ball too far out in front. Pause your videos where the ball is about 18-20" from the barrel, that is the point in your swings where you should be making contact. Basically at your front foot, where the bat pointing to the camera. Swing later.
That's my kryptonite. Def need to let it come back a touch more. Thanks

duffman99

I would go watch some of Ken Van Bogaert's videos on youtube where he and his son discusses the snap and driving the top hand through the ball. It looks like your top hand extension could use some work as you bat is kind of looping through the zone. They put up a lot of good content and drills.

JFBallPlayer

Thanks! So am I dropping my hands too much here? I’ve been told I drop my hands a lot. So I’ve been trying to work on that but even when I feel I’m not, vids like this show that I still am

this video yes( slo-mo really exaggerates it). hands are dropping when your preloading. when your hands drop they have to be brought back up which allows the bat head to drop and pop ups are more frequent. keeping your hands up and back when preloading allows the bat head to be level when swinging.

dunkky

i see bat casting. compare with Normy's. you see you are extending your arm too early, where Normy's lagging,then extension comes when whipping.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
Your top half looks good but your hips are not opening up. Try landing with your toes pointed forward. If you look you'll see your lead foot is pointing in to your right side

dunkky

post as many videos as you can. it takes a lot of bp and revision. but u won't be disappointed.

I never thought i could clear 300 but I did several times last year. even my friends are amazed and jealous. these guys are deadly when correcting your flaw. good luck bro.

Revoke36

I have tons of power. The vid I posted, that ball went out the park. 305’ The shame is I can’t find a consistent swing on game night. BP, I have control of the ball but pitchers in a game aren’t gonna gimme cookies like that. game night I just keep popping out with the occasional home run powered laser that’s 4’ off the ground....3rd basemen play me deeeeeeeep. Just feels like I lost my swing after watching so many YouTube vids and can’t figure out what’s causing my pop outs. But I got some good leads here that I’m gonna work on. Pitch selection also has been crippling to my performance.

billvp

Addicted to Softballfans
I have tons of power. The vid I posted, that ball went out the park. 305’ The shame is I can’t find a consistent swing on game night. BP, I have control of the ball but pitchers in a game aren’t gonna gimme cookies like that. game night I just keep popping out with the occasional home run powered laser that’s 4’ off the ground....3rd basemen play me deeeeeeeep. Just feels like I lost my swing after watching so many YouTube vids and can’t figure out what’s causing my pop outs. But I got some good leads here that I’m gonna work on. Pitch selection also has been crippling to my performance.
yeah, right ... 305" maybe