Flaring an a2000

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I've always been under the impression a2000s were near impossible to flare. Then I saw Cy's Dp15. Anyone else have any luck flaring theirs? I've tried a little on the EL3 I have but I don't wanna go too hardcore unless I know I'm gonna keep it.

TIA

I flared a few of mine with no issues, the best luck I had was basically finding the spot I wanted it flared, dunking it, and holding the fingers in that position as it dried

DIRTY 30

The thumb inserts are about twice as thick as the pinky, so don't expect the pinky to stay flared for too long.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
a question. could you take the inserts out and heat them with a hair dryer/heat gun and then essentially cool them over a bowl or something to give them a more permanent curve then put them back in?

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a question. could you take the inserts out and heat them with a hair dryer/heat gun and then essentially cool them over a bowl or something to give them a more permanent curve then put them back in?

If you're going through this much effort, might also look into alternative stays for the thumb and pinky, just a thought...

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I flared a few of mine with no issues, the best luck I had was basically finding the spot I wanted it flared, dunking it, and holding the fingers in that position as it dried

And once it dried there wasn't a discoloration compared to the non-dunked portions of the glove?

And once it dried there wasn't a discoloration compared to the non-dunked portions of the glove?

I never had any discoloration. I followed a method I learned on here which is basically just dunk it for a few seconds. I dunked the whole glove, but there was no discoloration

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
zxmlg1.jpg

My glove came in with a bowled pinky just like in the picture shown..

What about that says flare to you? A straight thumb?

kayakmaker

Average at best
Serious question- why do people like their gloves flared? Is it an infielder thing?
I play outfield and prefer my thumb and pinky to flare closed?

DIRTY 30

Wider area for the ball to enter when putting your glove on the ground

Crude example - / \ vs ( ) vs | |

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
Serious question- why do people like their gloves flared? Is it an infielder thing?
I play outfield and prefer my thumb and pinky to flare closed?

Yeah, mostly designed for IF use. It allows the glove to play wider when fielding ground balls.

I actually like to flare all my gloves but even my larger gloves are used at catcher or 1B, I only play OF if we're destroying someone.