Flextech Rattle?

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
My Flextech suddenly developed a rattle last night. Sounds almost like a pebble rattling around inside the barrel. Sounds funny now whenever you drop the bat, but it doesn't seem to affect the performance at all. Anyone else experience this with the Flextech, or know if this thing is about to blow up?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I'd suspect it's a chunk of glue from the endcap. It shouldn't affect performance, but I'd watch out if you hit the ball off the handle or off the endcap. Since it's a singlewall bat it's not going to blow up.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought the same thing for a second, but I wasn't sure how the Anderson's are constructed. Whether there was a rod in the handle for weighting that might be loose or something. Unfortunately it gets used a lot on my coed team and not everyone is able to hit the sweet spot. But now that I think about it, it started right after a guy popped one up after hitting one off the end of the bat.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Andersons don't have rods in the handle, like the old Worth bats used to have. Especially on a singlewall bat, the most likely source of a rattle is something off of the end cap.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Could be a piece of glue or a bb (which is glued to the endcap to increase endload or produce counter weighting). I have had a couple Anderson Nano's which actually had bb's in them. A bb will make a definite metallic like sound. In my case witht he Nano, the bb still had some glue on it & every once in a while the rattle would disappear. It absolutely does not affect performance, u just gotta be careful around homeplate & not draw any attention tot he rattle as an umpire could remove it from the game for a rattle.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
Right that was my main concern. It definitely has a different sound now when the bat is dropped on the ground or when guys tap the bat on the plate and I was worried the umpire would just assume it's "broken" and toss the bat.

Thanks for the info.