Flipper Aftermath USA

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm about 35-40 game swings in, plus maybe 50 more BP swings, and the bat is just stupid hot. It honestly feels like I'm cheating. Gonna have to grab a 2nd 30oz beast, especially at this price.

I'd also like to say that one of the other guys on my team bought a 27oz, and it's even made a difference for the Judy hitters. It's worth it.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm about 35-40 game swings in, plus maybe 50 more BP swings, and the bat is just stupid hot. It honestly feels like I'm cheating. Gonna have to grab a 2nd 30oz beast, especially at this price.

I'd also like to say that one of the other guys on my team bought a 27oz, and it's even made a difference for the Judy hitters. It's worth it.

Where do you hit SW?

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Just picked up a NIW 26 usa am. Put first hits on it today- Simply a great bat. Smooth and weighted perfect. Distance was excellent

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
all over when I can get the hall pass
Live in Temecula work in La Jolla

Nice. That's quite a commute. Takes you by almost everywhere I play. I mainly play Tuesdays and Fridays, although I've been contemplating getting involved with weekend tourney play. Haven't really dabbled in that at all.

single wally

Professional Amateur
To those who have hit the OG Flipper AM vs the USA version side-by-side, is the only noticeable difference barrel length?

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
To those who have hit the OG Flipper AM vs the USA version side-by-side, is the only noticeable difference barrel length?

A guy on my team swings a 28oz OG Flipper. I haven't taken any hacks myself, but the barrel is certainly longer. I also feel like his is taking longer to open up, but again, I don't have any swings with it myself.

setty7

The Rookie
How about pros/cons of the flipper og, USA and juggy? Some people like the juggy the most and others like the USA?

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Juggy's feel is too soft for me.
I had 2 Og's. Moved them both, they performed very well tho.
Kinda liking the USA right now. Little end load, feels a little stiffer that og.

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Nice. That's quite a commute. Takes you by almost everywhere I play. I mainly play Tuesdays and Fridays, although I've been contemplating getting involved with weekend tourney play. Haven't really dabbled in that at all.

Do you play Tuesday's San Marcos?

sportwarrior

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you play Tuesday's San Marcos?

I used to double dip with FUBAR on Tuesdays in San Marcos and another team in Poway on the same night. That got pretty tired after a couple seasons, so now I just fill in every once in a while in San Marcos on Tuesdays and play with FUBAR in Escondido on Fridays.

I'd ask what team you play on, but I'm absolutely awful with remembering team names!

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never hit a mercy, but handle should be stiffer and I feel the barrel is on the softer side; great combo...

especially when hitting Ms or .44s ;)

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
All we hit are 44/375 so I need something with a little more ass behind it. My mercy is great for hitting the gaps. I know how the bat is going to feel just hope it hits as well as the mercy.

I swing an srv3 as well and hit hat great so I think the USA will do great as well.

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not meant to hit 44/375 balls. The durability is going to be lessened.

I know, I am ok with that. I go threw about a bat ever 2 seasons. 20 games so it doesn't really matter. I will get a year out of it and it's return that's all that matters to me.

I figure each swing costs me about .06 cents if I get the whole year out of it and the return.

bmeyer

Part Time Player
My brother and I took out a brand new USA today and got a couple hundred cuts on it today. Wow, wow wow. We both liked mercy's prior to today.

Hes ordering one...

SvtRickey

Addicted to Softballfans
I have swing the juggy. When I connected right it would fly but I couldn't do that a lot. The OG and USA should be the same just a matter of if you like 13" balanced/mid loaded vs USA 12" endload