Foam Roller

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Use a tennis ball. At least as, if not more, effective and costs less than $2 for three.

Foam rolling is GTG.

jameybaxter

Yeah, I'm A Weirdo
I have one my teammates call "Tina". She gets passed around like a cheap, well, you know, at tmnts.

They laugh when I use it to roll thighs and hip flexors.

worth2107

Use a tennis ball. At least as, if not more, effective and costs less than $2 for three.

Foam rolling is GTG.

I like to use a ball around the shoulder area, but find a tennis ball is a little soft in my opinion... roller and a ball is gtg.

wcoastsoftball

I use a lacrosse ball on shoulders and feet and glutes. Otherwsie, a good foam roll before hockey is good for the lats, hams and hip flexors.

SoftballChick86

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a rumble roller and I hear they are better than a regular foam roller, but we'll see when it comes in the mail. there are reviews in the rehab section on jpfitness of some of the members that bought it, good reviews.

Anyone else here tried a rumble roller?

wcoastsoftball

I bought a rumble roller and I hear they are better than a regular foam roller, but we'll see when it comes in the mail. there are reviews in the rehab section on jpfitness of some of the members that bought it, good reviews.

Anyone else here tried a rumble roller?

Most rollers IMO are about progression. If the muscle is dense and "touchy" then a less dense roller is needed and progressed from there.

wcoastsoftball

How do you use this for your elbow?

You don't really. It would be hard to put enough pressure on the area to elicit an effective result. If you are talking about tendonitis or forearm muscle.spasm better off finding some one to do friction massage other types of massage.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't really. It would be hard to put enough pressure on the area to elicit an effective result. If you are talking about tendonitis or forearm muscle.spasm better off finding some one to do friction massage other types of massage.

That's what I thought, but he said he used it for his shoulder and elbow problems.