For people that have a problem with casting...

basilray

I keep seeing their ad pop up in my FB feed, and have been curious if it was gimmick or a decent hitting aid.

I used a Swing Rail for a bit this season, which really highlighted how bad I was casting my arms out in an effort to artificially try and create more wrist snap. In fact, it's a big part of the reason I had fallen into bad habits trying to push pitches that were well outside. At the start of the season, I was doing it well, but by midway through, I was basically popping up miserable sky balls to 2B.

Would be interesting to use a Camwood in tandem w/ a Swing Rail.

blakcherry329

I keep seeing their ad pop up in my FB feed, and have been curious if it was gimmick or a decent hitting aid.

I used a Swing Rail for a bit this season, which really highlighted how bad I was casting my arms out in an effort to artificially try and create more wrist snap. In fact, it's a big part of the reason I had fallen into bad habits trying to push pitches that were well outside. At the start of the season, I was doing it well, but by midway through, I was basically popping up miserable sky balls to 2B.

Would be interesting to use a Camwood in tandem w/ a Swing Rail.
Yeah, I saw the swing rail. The only reason I didn't get it was the fact that you had to reconnect in between swings. This is ok for tee work, but not feasible in the cages. I never was a fan of tee work. I only go to the cages and bp. This works without really thinking about it. I've had a few different hitting aids and this has been one of the best, imo.

basilray

Yeah, I saw the swing rail. The only reason I didn't get it was the fact that you had to reconnect in between swings. This is ok for tee work, but not feasible in the cages. I never was a fan of tee work. I only go to the cages and bp. This works without really thinking about it. I've had a few different hitting aids and this has been one of the best, imo.

Is the Camwood going to hold up to cage softballs? It's wood, right?

blakcherry329

Is the Camwood going to hold up to cage softballs? It's wood, right?
Yeah, cage balls are mush. I've never broken a regular bat in the cages, let alone this bat. It feels really solid. I'm not worried about the durability, so far. Having said that, it is a wooden bat, so, eventually, it might breaks. But I'm talking years down the road, if at all.

basilray

Yeah, cage balls are mush. I've never broken a regular bat in the cages, let alone this bat. It feels really solid. I'm not worried about the durability, so far. Having said that, it is a wooden bat, so, eventually, it might breaks. But I'm talking years down the road, if at all.

One more: Did you go w/ the softball variant? Assuming you went for the big boy - 34" and 40oz?

I stepped up to 28oz balance/mid last year, but dropped back to 26oz EL this year thanks to missing months of gym time. However, swinging around a 40oz club seems like it would hurt more than help initially...

blakcherry329

One more: Did you go w/ the softball variant? Assuming you went for the big boy - 34" and 40oz?

I stepped up to 28oz balance/mid last year, but dropped back to 26oz EL this year thanks to missing months of gym time. However, swinging around a 40oz club seems like it would hurt more than help initially...
Yep, the 40oz. the pink one(probably a mistake since it looks like a, well you know. LOL). It makes you focus on getting the barrel through the zone.
I usually do 3 rounds with the CamWood and then 3 or 4 with my 28 AntiVirus or 29 Ultra II in 70 baseball cage or 60 softball. They feel like wiffle ball bats after that. Maybe I'll video a session.
I'm dropping down this year, too, cuz I'm starting to feel my age at the plate. So I'm going with 27 or 26.5 EL. smh sux getting old.

Nice video!
Those bp balls look a lot bouncier and softer than the heavy dimpled bp balls used in the cages I go to, though. I think I would be afraid to use the CamWood bat in the cages here; save it for when I can get a buddy to pitch/blue_flame real softballs to me

Here's a video of my crappy swing with the CamWood bat. 60mph softball:D

blakcherry329

I came from Modified so I only hit fast pitch in the cages. I still play modified and I think if I can hit fast pitching, slow pitch is a breeze. Doesn't always work out that way, however. lol

blakcherry329

Nice video!
Those bp balls look a lot bouncier and softer than the heavy dimpled bp balls used in the cages I go to, though. I think I would be afraid to use the CamWood bat in the cages here; save it for when I can get a buddy to pitch/blue_flame real softballs to me
Yeah these balls aren't breaking any bats, for sure. That CamWood bat is made really well. I'm not too worried about breaking it.