Other Force Out and base running.

Rockstargenes

Hello,

I'm new here and would like to get a question answer. Please understand I don't play in leagues or play for a long time since child hood little league So I Don't know all rules and etc but other than what i read online. My friends and I just started playing softball recently and would like to continue playing with proper rules.

We has a situation Where there was a Runner on 2nd, 1st and batter. The batter hits to Short stop, 2nd base runnner starts to run but is hesitant. Short stop doesn't tag runner or make the throw to 3rd base for the force out. instead he runs to second base steps on base to force the runner out running who is running from 1st base to 2nd base. The runner Running to 3rd base doesn't proceed to 3rd base but returns to 2nd base with out being tag. The Short stops than tags the runnner while he is on second base.

The question is that runner who should have ran to 3rd base but didn't is he out?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

EdFred

every day I'm shovelin'
Hello,

I'm new here and would like to get a question answer. Please understand I don't play in leagues or play for a long time since child hood little league So I Don't know all rules and etc but other than what i read online. My friends and I just started playing softball recently and would like to continue playing with proper rules.

We has a situation Where there was a Runner on 2nd, 1st and batter. The batter hits to Short stop, 2nd base runnner starts to run but is hesitant. Short stop doesn't tag runner or make the throw to 3rd base for the force out. instead he runs to second base steps on base to force the runner out running who is running from 1st base to 2nd base. The runner Running to 3rd base doesn't proceed to 3rd base but returns to 2nd base with out being tag. The Short stops than tags the runnner while he is on second base.

The question is that runner who should have ran to 3rd base but didn't is he out?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Runner is safe. Stepping on the bag removed the force, and so the mechanics of tagging the runner become the same as if there had been no runner on 1st at the beginning of the play.