Former Sports55 employee tells all!!

Luv2hitmiddle

Addicted to Softballfans
Best thing for everyone in the softball community is for this **** show to go bankrupt. I played for a team sponsored by this company and that is the only reason why we even got our stuff in a timely fashion. They definitely rob Peter to pay Paul.

ar2x7

Substance & Style
SEVERNA PARK, Md. - ABC2 Investigators were first to tell you about customers who say they've played the waiting game with an Anne Arundel County uniform company, Sports55. But in an ABC2News Exclusive, a former employee told us what's really happening behind the scenes.

ABC2 Investigators are protecting the employee's identity. He worked at Sports55 for about a year and was fired. But he says he's been threatened by the company over speaking with us.

In July, we introduced you to athletes and coaches who say they paid for uniforms, but received incomplete orders weeks after they were promised.

Kevin Thomas ordered uniforms from Sports55. He says, "It's been 15 weeks and all we have is the jersey and half the hats."

A former Sports55 employee details order backups months beyond what customers are often told. This employee and others say the bosses at Sports55 told them to keep putting off angry customers who wondered why they continued to wait.

The employee says, "It was one of those things where, ' Let's just try to keep the customer happy even when we know it hasn't even been started yet.' It could be another 6-12 weeks, but we were told, 'Hey, just tell them it's in the shipping area. They should get a tracking number any day now.'"

E-mails obtained by ABC2 Investigators show that's exactly what many customers were told. When they questioned, they got more runaround on the timing of their delivery."

A company spokesperson told us they do their best to meet estimated delivery windows, but it's tough in the busy season.

Sports55 Spokesperson John Eberl says those complaining are a tiny fraction of the thousands of orders it handles.

The former Sports55 employee says, "As a salesman, you see money coming in. Question is, 'where is the money going?'"

It's a valid question for the employee, who showed us a bounced paycheck. This one written from a Sports55 account for just $385 didn't clear, getting rejected by the bank.

He claims his bosses would offer a smaller amount of cash to get him through until they could cover the check.

"I'm very disappointed in the company. I'm very disappointed in the owners of the company. I think they mean to do the right, but they're just so far in the hole, they don't know how to get out."

ABC2 Investigators asked the company spokesperson about the bounced paychecks. Eberl says his lawyer told him not to comment.

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/lo...the-scenes-operation-of-company#ixzz2c6JCOG5I

oakleydude44

Geaux Time!
But according to John Eberl (Ego), the complaints are from a small percentage of customers, so it's alright to have the issues they have. :rolleyes: at Ego.

ohyeaheh

Addicted to Softballfans
I haven't heard anything worth a damn about this company since I joined the board. They must do just enough to not get prosecuted.

rc0012

Starting Player
We placed our order with sports 55 in January and had the artwork approved by first week in February. We had our jerseys and belts within 4 weeks. Our hats showed up in June and our pants finally arrived in late July for our last two games of the season in and the Nebraska State tournament. We had called and emailed so much they quit responding to us. Just kept telling us we would be bumped to the front of the list. Told us our pants were being made overseas and we would just have to wait until they had a full order to ship everything at once. originally told us 4-6 weeks for everything. After reporting them to the BBB twice, they finally offered us a gift card for $150 bucks even though we spent more than 2k. we will never do business with this company ever again.

brees6221

Addicted to Softballfans
A guy I know used to work there doing graphics but quit over a year ago. He said he went 3 weeks without getting paid and was threatened when he asked for a check.

danhawks

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone who made an order since May actually gotten anything? I know my team has not.

Just wanted to update this to say i DID get my shirts from them. Albeit a few quite late. But they did make good on everything I ordered eventually.

Mikaka

My Dixie Wrecked
it baffles me people still do/did business with them, especially if you're a member on here. why? why the hell would you do that? there hasn't been a good word said about them in over 4 years (first and last time i used them), at least. and if you chose them over the dozens of other companies that have come (and gone) since, that's on you. it's 2013. why would you even consider them this year, or even last year?

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew
it baffles me people still do/did business with them, especially if you're a member on here. why? why the hell would you do that? there hasn't been a good word said about them in over 4 years (first and last time i used them), at least. and if you chose them over the dozens of other companies that have come (and gone) since, that's on you. it's 2013. why would you even consider them this year, or even last year?

Because some people had a positive experience, and some schmucks think that they have the golden ticket that will get them the same experience.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
Just wanted to update this to say i DID get my shirts from them. Albeit a few quite late. But they did make good on everything I ordered eventually.

Consider your self lucky because thats alot more than alot of other people can say they received.