Found Glove Protocol

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
So I found a glove the other day someone left in our dugout at our field. Tracked down the team that played prior and asked them if it belonged to anyone, they said no (tourney championship night, only 3 teams total at the fields). Talked to my LD and let him know the model and brand and he said he'd give it a week and if no one claims it I can keep it.

Is that long enough? I really don't want bad softball Karma, though I plan on giving someone on here a good deal if no one claims it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
if you made it known to the people out there then you should be fine. i would keep it in my bag for a while just in case. also depends on the level of glove. high end glove i would try to keep in the same shape i found it because someone will end up missing it. if it's a cheap glove whoever lost it may not care. either way, i just hang on to it to try and find the owner. you'll know when it's been long enough

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
if you made it known to the people out there then you should be fine. i would keep it in my bag for a while just in case. also depends on the level of glove. high end glove i would try to keep in the same shape i found it because someone will end up missing it. if it's a cheap glove whoever lost it may not care. either way, i just hang on to it to try and find the owner. you'll know when it's been long enough

It's also the end our our season. We have a big city tournament starting in two weeks but that's only the top 2 teams from all 6 men's divisions so most people are done for the season.

The glove is a Nokona AMG1275, so not terribly high end and it's what I would consider well used but it's certainly not a cheap glove.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a nokona bm-76-k that someone put in the bottom of my kids stroller a couple weeks ago and no one claimed it.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i feel like nokonas tend to look more used than they might be. i would imagine that's a glove that'll be missed. do like dirty said and post in lost & found. if it were me it would be at my house for probably too long giving someone the chance to claim it.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
I fear the softball gods myself so I would probably keep it in the backseat of my truck or in my house for a good long while. I know enough people at the field that somebodys bound to know whos missing one. The only issue I have with lost and found on craigslist are the liars and cheap aholes who would claim it just to get a new glove.

edvedsfb

Addicted to Softballfans
I fear the softball gods myself so I would probably keep it in the backseat of my truck or in my house for a good long while. I know enough people at the field that somebodys bound to know whos missing one. The only issue I have with lost and found on craigslist are the liars and cheap aholes who would claim it just to get a new glove.

I thought about this but I imagine I would need to withhold information about the glove and let the person describe it to me. It better get me some great softball karma though cause I'm sure I'll get a ton of a-holes that just call for that reason.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
"What does symbol on the back mean?"
"Oh, it is just a good luck symbol"
"Psyche, there is no symbol"

Click.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Keep it for a few weeks and try to get it to its owner, otherwise I'll take it for 30 bucks!