BPfanatic

Addicted to Softballfans
Selling $150 Delivered.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

wcoastsoftball

He must be an early morning visitor here. But sent him a PM. Thing looks beat up, wondering why the paint looks like that. I have never seen a Miken paint smear that way.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
He must be an early morning visitor here. But sent him a PM. Thing looks beat up, wondering why the paint looks like that. I have never seen a Miken paint smear that way.

I've seen bats that with paint that smears like that when bats are used with those rubber dimple balls at the batting cages.

wcoastsoftball

And how would hitting those balls affect the performance of these bats? Old aluminum/alloy I was never worried, but never hit composite, sure it has to kill it?

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
And how would hitting those balls affect the performance of these bats? Old aluminum/alloy I was never worried, but never hit composite, sure it has to kill it?

from what ive heard, they arent very good for the composite but i really dont know. im sure it cant be good if manufacturers void warranty if the bats are used with dimple balls. im not saying this bat was used with those balls and thats the cause of the paint smear. i was just sayin ive hit dimple balls at the cage before and this is how my bat was starting to look.

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
The dimpled balls are made to last for a very long time and are alot more dense than softballs/baseballs. Most companies dont even recommend using alloy with those balls due to the fact they can dent but composite is even worse as it's more susceptible to cracks when using them which is why companies will not warrant a bat if its used with them.

Kevenvy

Senior Bra Fitter
Looks like a nasty paint thinner accident to me. I wonder why the seller didn't provide an explanation of the weird paint when he posted this bat for sale. I wonder if he thought that all of our computer monitors are going bad at the same time and that we wouldn't notice it. That seems kind of sneaky. This is obviously something prospective buyers would like to know about before spending money on it. Is the seller a crook of some kind? I hope not. Seems kind of suspicious to post a bat for sale and then just disappear. I bet we will hear a perfectly good explanation for all of this very soon.

RC#13

Part Time Player
The dimpled balls are made to last for a very long time and are alot more dense than softballs/baseballs. Most companies dont even recommend using alloy with those balls due to the fact they can dent but composite is even worse as it's more susceptible to cracks when using them which is why companies will not warrant a bat if its used with them.

FYI, after a few rounds in the cages the dimpled ball will leave all alloy and composite bats looking like that. Hence bats manufacturers can then void warranty when they see a bat returned in that condition. How do i know? Found out the hard way!

Well now the seller can add NR to his well worded description of this bat.

Hey why don't we just make up our own description?? Here's the start......

26oz Miken Freak. Paint slightly blemished..........next.........

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
was used in a cage BUT has a valid receipt!!!!.... As much as I want one my season ends tonight so might as well just wait till Jan and pick one up NIW for his asking price.

Joker

1 Year Limited Warranty for Non-Wood Bats

Warranty Coverage:

Miken Sports warrants that for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase from an authorized dealer, this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship. This limited warranty covers cracking, breaking, or significant denting that may occur during normal usage. Should a defect occur during the warranty period, Miken Sports will repair or replace (at its option) the defective product, free of charge. A replacement product will be an identical or reasonably equivalent product. This is your exclusive warranty.

This warranty is provided by the manufacturer and is valid for the original retail purchaser from the date of initial retail purchase and is not transferable. Do not return your bat to the store from which you purchased it for warranty service. Miken Sports authorized dealers do not have the right to alter, modify, or in any way change the terms and conditions of this warranty.

For Composite Slowpitch Bats ONLY--IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN ORDER TO PRESERVE YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE: Before using your new bat, please note that it has both a permanent engraved serial code and a removable sticker adhered to it. The sticker contains the serial code that matches the permanent engraved code on the bat. Peel off the sticker from the bat and attach it to your original sales receipt. Save the sticker and original sales receipt, as both are required for warranty service.

Limitations:

This warranty does not cover cost of inconvenience, damages due to product failure, transportation damages, misuse, abuse, alteration, accident or negligence, or if the bat is used in commercial batting cages. This warranty does not apply to replaceable end caps or grips. Further, the warranty does not cover Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes. Miken Sports shall not be liable for death or injuries to persons, damage to property, or for any incidental, contingent, or consequential damages caused by the breach of any express or implied warranty. Miken Sports sole liability for this warranty is limited to repair or replacement of defective product. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in duration as set forth above. Some states, provinces, or jurisdictions do not allow for the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state or province to province.

Bats not purchased from an authorized dealer do not carry our warranty. Miken Sports does not accept receipts from PayPal, Paypoint, eBay, or other auction websites.

there you go

kldaugherty65

Kosair Charities
Honestly though if it breaks and as long as you don't come out and say it was used in a cage they're going to send you a new bat. I mean I guess there is a chance Miken will question it, but I've seen a guy sand his bat before and Miken still sent him a new bat.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
This warranty does not apply to replaceable end caps or grips. Further, the warranty does not cover Acts of God, such as fire, flood, hurricanes and tornadoes.

I say light that mug on fire!! Then return it!