Freak 52 Supermax ASA

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I just won one of these from my local league, and am curious if it's any good. The last Miken I swung was a Freak98 a few years ago.

It's ultimately going to be a team bat, but I'm curious if this is any better than the stuff we're currently swinging.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I got one (Lime) and love it and it is a great performer with any ball, though not recommended for the 44's.

Dan411

Star Player
I got one (Lime) and love it and it is a great performer with any ball, though not recommended for the 44's.
I've talked about this bat too before. I have had both the lime one you've got (maxload), and the model that followed that was more black with green/lime letters (it was a supermax). Great bat, and hitting 52's it will hold up well as a team bat. Generous sized sweet spot too. The only complaint, and it's small, is the sound.

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
What are you swinging now? It is great with 52s.

I'm still swinging Andersons (ones made by Mr. Anderson), and some two- or three-year old Easton I picked up for cheap (B4.0, maybe?) to be a team bat a couple years ago.

My leagues up here are still using .44/375 for the women's balls in coed, but none of the ladies I play coed with are serious mashers. Guys are hitting .52/300s, so I think it'll be good for them. The one I got is a 26, so I won't be swinging it much.