Freak Black Review (BLCKMU)

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
I feel like I am cheating on a love one with this bat purchase and review. I have been an exclusive Easton guy for more than 10 years and have owned the OG Flex, SCN4, SCN2, ST100BH (among others), and swung an ST100 for the past 3 years. That bat had well over 2k swings and hit everything well. I recently sold the ST100 in a moment of weakness and tried to get by with a 1700 hit 14L1 and was quickly encouraged by my team to get a new bat.

I had been considering Miken/Worth for a while now but the ST100 performed very well and was incredibly durable and I was a long time Easton guy and they fit my swing etc.

I picked up a 28 maxload Freak Black and my first swings were game cuts and everything hit sweet spot. I took some bp today with 52's and it is very hard to miss hit this bat. It now has about 100 swings and is on par if not slightly ahead of the ST100 in terms of performance. I am very impressed with the performance, feel and sweet spot of this stick which gives me a lot of confidence at the plate. I am concerned with durability, especially coming from Easton. Maybe you Miken guys can give me some feedback on what to expect in terms of durability?

I do sort of feel that I have parted ways with an old friend but it is very hard to argue with the early performance and feel of this bat. I think I will call it Kermit.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
With 52s you should be fine, mine broke in 600 swings with classic ms, definitely not st100 durability, but if you don't need to bp it anyway, you should be good for a while

Zarkoff500

Addicted to Softballfans
With 52s you should be fine, mine broke in 600 swings with classic ms, definitely not st100 durability, but if you don't need to bp it anyway, you should be good for a while

I was thinking about 200 bp swings with 52's should be good. I think LSX suggested about 200 then game only. Thank you for the information.

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
I have the BLKMA version, but haven't swung it yet..wondering if performance is similar..

Squatchzilla

Extra Hitter
We have a Freak Black Balanced from last season that is BEAT and still firing rockets... Mind you we hit Hot Dots only.