Freak plus question

theplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
I love the freak plus. It has a .5 oz end load and I think the 98 is balanced but not sure. The 98 is ASA certified and the plus is not which means its hotter. ASA bats are 98 mph bats and usssa bats are 100+. If the 98 is balanced and you swing a 28 in it you may want to drop to a 27 in the plus that way the swing weight stays about the same for you. Anytime you go from a balanced bat to an endloaded bat the endloaded bat of identical weight will feel heavier when swung. It all about the MOI moment of interia. nice article here http://www.acs.psu.edu/drussell/bats/bat-moi.html

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
Man just erase that **** ^^^ you're gonna confuse the poor guy. The freak plus will out perform the freak 98 but will feel slightly more heavy during the swing due to the half oz end load. This doesn't mean you have to drop down an oz.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I used to swing OG Freaks but then moved to the Freak Plus at a fraction of the price and never looked back. The early run Freak Plus' are insane I.E. serial numbers 4 & 5

punisher11

Manager
Thanx for the input. I was just wondering because I traded a guy a synergy + reissue for it. Just never liked the feel of the synergy.

theplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
Man just erase that **** ^^^ you're gonna confuse the poor guy. The freak plus will out perform the freak 98 but will feel slightly more heavy during the swing due to the half oz end load. This doesn't mean you have to drop down an oz.

A 28 oz freak plus will swing heavier than a 28 oz 98 because the plus is more end loaded. I was just giving him a heads up.

Camp

Giving Bitches Complexes
It has a .5 end load. It's all about preference but there's no reason to drop weight over that. If it were a DC Psycho I'd understand. Personally I swing 27 balanced and I like 27.5 half loads and 26 full end