Freak12 USSSA

Ballisttic

Star Player
how is the endload on the freak 12 compared to the freak black? which one is more?

endloaded feel dc41>freak blk>freak 12=4tf.

My new return 28oz freak 12 weighed in at 28oz with a knobcuff.
My first freak 12 28oz weighed 27.8 with a knobcuff.

knobcuff .5oz

Last edited:

sacto73

Addicted to Softballfans
how is the endload on the freak 12 compared to the freak black? which one is more?

I now have both in 26 and the 12 feels more endloaded than my black. You can definitely feel the difference. The black feels more balanced, slight EL. I just got my 12 a few days ago and have not put any swings on it yet. But I tried my black over the weekend at a tourney, and it is hands down the best bat I have swung in a long time. I put it to the RC fence my first at bat with only two swings from the guys before me who wanted to try it out. I am impressed and can't wait to see how my 12 performs.

JJ Dynamite

The Veteran
Put me down as another believer. Broke my 27oz Freak 12 out of the wrapper prior to our Saturday 8am tourney game. 1st swing was a 300 ft bomb to dead center off the top of the fence. 5 out of 10 hits went to the fence or over. I read everyone saying it reaches another level around 100 hits.... I can't even imagine what that is.

Ballisttic

Star Player
I put about 100 swings on my freak 12 return and the sound changed at 25 swings for me but it seemed smokin hot out of the wrapper and my first freak 12 took about 350 swings to get smokin hot.

This 12 definitely got hotter faster than the first one. I was hitting asa 44/375s

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Put me down as another believer. Broke my 27oz Freak 12 out of the wrapper prior to our Saturday 8am tourney game. 1st swing was a 300 ft bomb to dead center off the top of the fence. 5 out of 10 hits went to the fence or over. I read everyone saying it reaches another level around 100 hits.... I can't even imagine what that is.

Is it just me or every new bat I swing I can go yard with. I judge them by how big the sweet spot is and how durable they are these days.

JPG

Lefty
Is it just me or every new bat I swing I can go yard with. I judge them by how big the sweet spot is and how durable they are these days.

I recently took a different direction as well.
I use to love bats that felt good fast and were enjoyable but now it seems bats break to easy especially if you hit rocks.

I am gearing towards easton now for bp and am looking to switch over full time after my triads break.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP

Agreed!! I need to get another Easton!!! Mainly because of what u just said! I love the hot out wrapper and stuff, but I literally hate failing bats and crap at 200 or less hits!!! I don't have money for constantly buying bats!! I don't even BP my sticks!!!! I BP my 100h, my scn17bh, and my freak 98!!! That's it! sounds changes on my new mikens, and I put them away! They last me awhile tho since we only hit 52/275's-300's around here....except for u-trip tourneys!! And that's only a couple times a year for me! Mostly play NSA/ASA tournies!

Ballisttic

Star Player
I bought 6 eastons: 5 kirbys, 1 scn17bh this week and 1 miken 4tf lol,1 sonic+

I sold the above freak 12 and a n.o.w reissue dc lol.

I have had a very bat time lately lol.

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
I bought 6 eastons: 5 kirbys, 1 scn17bh this week and 1 miken 4tf lol,1 sonic+

I sold the above freak 12 and a n.o.w reissue dc lol.

I have had a very bat time lately lol.

U do what u want!!! I would not have bought 5 of those crappy kirby's....this years kirby's are very good I heard....I really want a sonic+ or a "Ryan Harvey" bat....just don't know about how many hits u can put on them and still pass comp.

Ballisttic

Star Player
U do what u want!!! I would not have bought 5 of those crappy kirby's....this years kirby's are very good I heard....I really want a sonic+ or a "Ryan Harvey" bat....just don't know about how many hits u can put on them and still pass comp.

On the kirby deal i bought them all under 60.00 shipped so ill just sell a few to my buddies.

dbantz

Manager

Sonic+ test really high. All mine have over 500 hits and don't even come close to failing. They're tanks.

ser7643

Every day I'm Shuffilin!

Sonic+ test really high. All mine have over 500 hits and don't even come close to failing. They're tanks.

I'll second that on the Sonic+. Those bats are freaking tanks! I've had two. The first one most of my team used in the early bird tournaments and beginning of league play when it was either cold or chilly....no issues what so ever. Half way through the season someone hit a ball off the endcap and it sounded like the inner sleeve came loose. LS returned it with no issues. The one I have now has been used during bp sessions and games and still no signs of slowing down. Currently prefer my Freak12 but not by much. Although if its cold or we are using 52's I'll use my Sonic+.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs

You are crazy if you think last years kirby are crap. They are probably the best bat per $ right now.

MaMaLuLu

Addicted to Softballfans
a little late on the bandwagon but it tried one tonight for the first time. bat feels and sounds pretty sweet when you hit it on the screws

Tictac020

Addicted to BP
You are crazy if you think last years kirby are crap. They are probably the best bat per $ right now.

I hit 52's and u have to put a BILLION hits on em'....guy had a Kirby....swung it in BP....crap! Not even close on par with my 100h....that is all.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I hit 52's and u have to put a BILLION hits on em'....guy had a Kirby....swung it in BP....crap! Not even close on par with my 100h....that is all.

They wake up pretty quick if you hit some rocks. I feel you though. It's all about hot and ready.
Little ceasars should get into making bats.

WillW3

Starting Player

I don't think anything will live up to the 12 line as far as Easton goes. That being said, it's a waste of time to hit 52's with an Easton I think. We just have to accept the fact that the standards that 12 line set will more than likely not be met as far as the combination of performance and durability.

THESHOE

Starting Player
The Easton '12 line is nothing special with 52s. Harder balls, broken in, they're sick. But 52s you can get NIW bats that hit those better.

52s the best bats for it Ive hit are Miken DC/Freaks, Worth Legit, Combat Assault G4 and Super Z/Sonic. Hands down. Everything else seems to lag behind, broken in or not, etc etc.

Freak 12 is my personal fav. Not hotter than DC or Freak Black, but the shorter barrel has a nice whip to it and a sweet spot a little more up towards the cap which I LOOOOOVE!

Knighthawk will be very good also. One I hit last night was outta wrapper tested at 260 and already really poppin. I was early in the chain of swingers, might have had 20-30 hits before me. Sadly though it was a 13.5 barrel, not sure what happened to the 12.5 rumours.

I don't think anything will live up to the 12 line as far as Easton goes. That being said, it's a waste of time to hit 52's with an Easton I think. We just have to accept the fact that the standards that 12 line set will more than likely not be met as far as the combination of performance and durability.

WillW3

Starting Player
The Easton '12 line is nothing special with 52s. Harder balls, broken in, they're sick. But 52s you can get NIW bats that hit those better.

52s the best bats for it Ive hit are Miken DC/Freaks, Worth Legit, Combat Assault G4 and Super Z/Sonic. Hands down. Everything else seems to lag behind, broken in or not, etc etc.

Freak 12 is my personal fav. Not hotter than DC or Freak Black, but the shorter barrel has a nice whip to it and a sweet spot a little more up towards the cap which I LOOOOOVE!

Knighthawk will be very good also. One I hit last night was outta wrapper tested at 260 and already really poppin. I was early in the chain of swingers, might have had 20-30 hits before me. Sadly though it was a 13.5 barrel, not sure what happened to the 12.5 rumours.

I agree, there are much better bats for .52's, but I think hitting them is more about the hitter. I have an Elite Legit on the way, and I'm excited to give it a whirl, being that I've swung mostly Easton's over the past few years. I'll be adding a Nighthawk to my bag too. You may have hit a balanced version. 12.5" barrel I thought was set in stone.

Rega17

'MERICA
I agree, there are much better bats for .52's, but I think hitting them is more about the hitter. I have an Elite Legit on the way, and I'm excited to give it a whirl, being that I've swung mostly Easton's over the past few years. I'll be adding a Nighthawk to my bag too. You may have hit a balanced version. 12.5" barrel I thought was set in stone.

From the nighthawk pics I've seen they're all long barrel. I think you'll like the elite. I used to be a Homer for demarini until I tried this past years miken/worth.. I have 2 eastons for bp and 44/400 tourneys but got a new legit for the hot humid summer days and the occasional 52cor ball. Still swing demarini for asa though.

WillW3

Starting Player
From the nighthawk pics I've seen they're all long barrel. I think you'll like the elite. I used to be a Homer for demarini until I tried this past years miken/worth.. I have 2 eastons for bp and 44/400 tourneys but got a new legit for the hot humid summer days and the occasional 52cor ball. Still swing demarini for asa though.

I may be wrong then. I guess we will see. I think I'll like it too though. The specs are right up my alley. Only Demar I've ever swung, I loved (Future). Had a great swing feel to me. I'm hoping the Worth and Miken will swing similar

Rega17

'MERICA
I may be wrong then. I guess we will see. I think I'll like it too though. The specs are right up my alley. Only Demar I've ever swung, I loved (Future). Had a great swing feel to me. I'm hoping the Worth and Miken will swing similar

The future is awesome but I hate the knob. I'd swing one almost exclusively if it weren't for that.
I would think you could find a good swing weight with all the miken/worth 12" offerings now.

WillW3

Starting Player
The future is awesome but I hate the knob. I'd swing one almost exclusively if it weren't for that.
I would think you could find a good swing weight with all the miken/worth 12" offerings now.

I hate I never got my hands on a Freak 12. Now I'm just better off to get a 30

Ballisttic

Star Player
I just sold my f12 return and now im going to buy a f30 lol i miss the 12" barrel miken. I need a 12" barrel gamer while i break my eastons in.

single wally

Professional Amateur

:wtf2:
Maybe you haven't hit a well broken in one? IMO the Easton 2012 line kills everything, hard balls and 52s, they just take a lot of work before they show their full potential.