Raleigh,NC
Rec/Lower/Comp/Upper/Women
Cash Prizes Per Division
10 teams =$1000
12 teams =$1200
15 teams =$1500

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
New to Freedom Sports here, what is the deadline for entry? We'd be looking at the Rec division. Also, looks like any USSSA bat is legal? We play ASA, will those bats be ok? Will you have balls for sale on site, or should I purchase beforehand?

Thanks!

Country35

Banned User
New to Freedom Sports here, what is the deadline for entry? We'd be looking at the Rec division. Also, looks like any USSSA bat is legal? We play ASA, will those bats be ok? Will you have balls for sale on site, or should I purchase beforehand?

Thanks!

pm stretch19 and buy his balls

Dexb0t

Entertainer
I thought it was weird that he said he had 1/2 balls too. I had no clue what that was supposed to mean.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports

Thanks!

ASA bats are legal. You will have to purchase balls at the park or from someone that has some left over from playing. They are not available at any store or retailer. Deadline will probably be sometime early next week.

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like we got a team in for this tournament right at the deadline tonight. Thanks for the extra time on this Larry! Saturday should be great weather and lots of fun.

Anyone else here on SBF in this thing? Never played a Freedom tourney so looking forward to learning about it.

moonpie02

Coal Miners DELIGHT!
Softball addicts in rec.I do most of the pitching....ball is live do not touch as a batter.can advance on passed balls or steal once pitched ball bounces or crosses home.Need a good catcher for sure.Fun to play freedom. no courtesy but most are like that now so no boggie.Who you with?

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Joined up with a team called Dirt Dawgs to pitch this weekend. Either in Rec or Lower Comp, not 100% sure. Never played a Freedom tourney, but looking forward to it for sure. You got any pitching tips for Freedom play?

moonpie02

Coal Miners DELIGHT!
It's 4-10. They usually won't give you the flat utrip pitch. Be ready to cover home if the ball gets by the catcher with runner on 3rd. MOVE if the catcher has to throw down to second. Don't catch it like I did in our first tourney. Don't know bout pumping, I don't so not sure.

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds good. I dont pump either, so g2g on that. How about bats? I play ASA league so thats all I got, i'm assuming the utrip bats hit freedoms ball better though?

moonpie02

Coal Miners DELIGHT!
I thought with the new standards some of the new Asa bats are better. Don't play Asa so IDK. Pitching rubber is supposed to be 53'. Can pump/fake for 3 seconds. Bracket is weird. If we win at 9 we have to play @10 but move to a back field instead of staying put. That's tourney ball I guess. Weather looks perfect though,rain should soften fields too. Good luck to all. Stay safe. Moon.

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Welp....so much for that. City of Raleigh pulled the plug on the tournament, saying the fields got too wet for play this weekend. Thats a bummer. Per Larry's FB post:

North Carolina Freedom Softball
It's with great regret I must inform all teams that Raleigh has pulled the plug on us this weekend and we must cancel the tournament. It was stated that it rained so hard last night that the fields have washout areas on them along with standing water in both the outfields and in fields. I know this doesn't sit well with anyone and is out of our hands. My apologies to anyone that had begun their travels as I already had too. I'm actively seeking another park that is playable for this weekend for any teams that would still be interested in traveling to play.

Please post your team on here if you got this message or Contact me via text 910-538-4743

Also text me if you still want to play. I will do my best to get this message out as quick as possible.

moonpie02

Coal Miners DELIGHT!
yea,Its crazy what can't be done in Raleigh.Wouldn't even let them do a one day on sunday.they act like we are having a tractor pull on the fields or something.

WombatWolf

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, I told a buddy today the people at City of Raleigh/Walnut Creek act like they are going to play to World Series out there. They could have had those fields ready for tomorrow if they put any kind of effort in today. The worst part is, they waited until 4pm to decide. I think the people there are just lazy and dont give a crap. I remember last year they shut our league down for a whole week in the middle of the season to install new scoreboards. The only time I've seen them on is during the city tournament. At least the old boards would display the time during league, we dont even get that now. Colossal waste of money. Its a shame because they have a great complex, they just dont put the effort into maximizing its potential. What happened today will probably further keep these bigger tourneys away.

Good news is our team got into the utrip tourney in Burlington this weekend, so at least we can still play. I was really looking forward to playing Freedom though, such a shame what happened.