FREEDOM STATES (ALL DIVISONS!!!) July 20-22 Wilmington,NC (ALL INFO)

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
CAROLINA FREEDOM STATES

WEEKEND SCHEDULE

IMPORTANT ITEMS TO REMEMBER:
· ALL ROSTERS MUST BE EMAILED TO ME ([email protected]) NO LATER THAN MONDAY JULY 16TH
· Every team MUST have a representative present for Bat Checks and Team Registration Friday Night JULY 20th between 7-11pm @ Olsen Park
· ALL (D & E) Players must have ID with them for Player Check-In 1 Hour Before First Game

Host Hotels: (WILL BE SOLD OUT IF YOU WAIT ANY LONGER)

Ask for "FREEDOM RATE"

Holiday Inn Express
160 Van Campen Boulevard
Wilmington, NC
(910) 392-3227

Best Western
5345 Market Street
Wilmington, NC
(910) 799-4292

FRIDAY NIGHT (JULY 20TH)
· ALL TEAMS Check In at Olsen Park
· Registration (CASH ONLY)
· BAT CHECKS (7-11PM) **Must Pay Registration Before Your Bats are Checked
· All Teams Are ONLY ALLOWED (20) Bats to be Checked
· CO-ED Games Start (8PM)
· HOMERUN DERBY Sponsored by 7TH INNING SPORTS Starts @ (730pm)
· $10 Entry Fee, 12 Pitches, 10 Swings, FREEDOM WILL SUPPLY 6 Dozen Balls to Hit
· BUFFALO WILD WINGS will have a Tent Set-Up Handing out Discounts and Prizes
· 7th Inning Sports Trailer On-Site
· Carolina FSA Booth Set-Up with T-Shirts and Other Items including the ALL NEW FREEDOM STAMPED BLACKOUTS Will be for Sale (Limited Quantites!!!)

SATURDAY (JULY 21ST)
· Lower D & Rec E Teams Must Show Up 1 Hour Before Game for Player Check-In
· ALL LOWER D & REC E Teams Must Bring ID for PLAYER CHECK-IN
· UPPER C DIVISION STARTS
· REC E DIVISION STARTS
· MID AFTERNOON - EVENING: LOWER D & WOMEN START
· 7th Inning Sports Trailer On-Site
· Carolina FSA Booth Set-Up with T-Shirts and Other Items including the ALL NEW FREEDOM STAMPED BLACKOUTS Will be for Sale (Limited Quantities!!!)
· Buffalo Wild Wings will be providing Wing Parties to Give Out on Saturday As Well

FREEDOM SPORTS
UPPER – C STATE TOURNAMENT
$250 Entry Fee (3gg)
6 FREE BALLS TO EVERY TEAM
FREE Sanction to All Teams!!!! (ANY C TEAM CAN PLAY, NO NEED TO QUALIFY)
1st-3rd Place Prizes
ALL TEAMS Receive an Un-Paid Berth to Freedom Upper – C Worlds in Wilmington, NC in November

TEAM LIST
JAMES GANG
7TH INNING SPORTS
RAMEY’S
TEAM BRAGG
BREAKERS
LEGION
TERRY’S
RDU/CROSSFIT
CODE/ECK (?)
TOP SHELF (?)

FREEDOM SPORTS
LOWER – D STATE TOURNAMENT
$300 Entry Fee (3gg)
PLAYER ID CHECKS 1 HR BEFORE FIRST GAME
1st-3rd Place Prizes
12 All State Players Selected
MVP For First Place Team

TEAM LIST
COWABUNGA DUDES
SMASHMOUTH
B2B
PTL BOYS
ADRENALINE OUTDOORS
YOUNG GUNS
HONEYCUTT HOMES/MOSSY OAK/MIZUNO
KINCAID SPORTS / CAROLINA ELITE 454
KWIK KUTS
HIT-N-RUN
ADM TRUCKING
DEM BOYZ
HIGH ROLLERS
SEAHAWKS
MAYBE’S (?)
CHADBOURN HEAT
TRIPLE PLAY SOFTBALL
CAROLINA BOMBSQUAD
FALLOUT

FREEDOM SPORTS
REC-E STATE TOURNAMENT
$300 Entry Fee (3gg)
PLAYER ID CHECKS 1 HR BEFORE FIRST GAME
1st-3rd Place Prizes
12 All State Players Selected
MVP For First Place Team

TEAM LIST
JT SALVAGE
COASTAL MERCHANTS
CHP
DIRTY DAWGS RELOADED
SEMPER FI
HITMEN
P4J
HARDNOX/ELITE
e-LEMON-ators
CAROLINA UNLEASHED
CAROLINA PRIMETIME
COLISEUM SPORTS BAR
CAROLINA OUTLAWS
SHOWSTOPPERS
TEAM VENGANCE
MAYBE’S (?)
NON-STOP SOFTBALL
N&L
ADVANCED POWER PRODUCTS

FREEDOM SPORTS
CO-ED STATE TOURNAMENT
$225 Entry Fee
Freedom Will Supply the Women’s Balls
FREE Sanction to All Teams!!!! (ANY TEAM CAN PLAY, NO NEED TO QUALIFY)
1st-3rd Place Prizes
ALL TEAMS Receive an Un-Paid Berth to Freedom Worlds in Orlando, FL in November

TEAM LIST
JAMES GANG
WASSUP
TIDELINE
STOVEPIPES
AOT/PIEDMONT PLAYERS
FUSION
STACKED
MAYBE’S (?)
CFC
B2B

FREEDOM SPORTS
WOMENS STATE TOURNAMENT
$250 Entry Fee (3gg)
Freedom Will Supply All the Balls
FREE Sanction to All Teams!!!! (ANY TEAM CAN PLAY, NO NEED TO QUALIFY)
1st-3rd Place Prizes (Unless 8 Teams or More and Then Will Split into Upper and Lower Division with Prizes for Each Division)
ALL TEAMS Receive an Un-Paid Berth to Freedom Worlds in Orlando, FL in November

TEAM LIST
CAPE FEAR CRUSH
LADY CODE RED
XPLOSION
JG GIRL’S
REMIX
INFINITY
TEAM IMPACT
FUSION
STACKED
MAYBE’S (?) (Have Calls Out To):
SHO-NUFF
GRANNY’S GIRLS/GVS
RU-REDI
WICKED STIXX
CAROLINA STORM
CUTTIN GRASS

DIRECTIONS TO OLSEN PARK
5510 Olsen Park Lane
Wilmington, NC 28405

From Points North of Wilmington by way of I40

1. Take I40 East to exit 420 just before I40 ends. Bear right onto exit.
2. After exiting I40, cross through stoplight (Gordon Road) and continue North on Highway 132 past Laney High School and Trask Middle School. At the 4th stoplight AFTER exiting I40, turn right onto North Chase Industrial Parkway.
3. Stay on North Chase Industrial Parkway until the 1st complete intersection which is Corporate Drive.
4. Turn right on Corporate Drive and follow into Olsen Park.

From Points North of Wilmington by way of US 17

1. Take US 17 South to intersection with Gordon Road.
2. Turn right on Gordon Road.
3. Follow Gordon Road west until it crosses I40/North College Rd.
4. After crossing under I40 turn right at stoplight and go North on 132 to the 4th stoplight (counting the 1 where you just turned right). You will pass Laney High School and Trask Middle School.
5. At 4th light, turn right on North Chase Industrial Parkway and continue to the 1st complete intersection which is Corporate Drive.
6. Turn right on Corporate Drive and follow into Olsen Park.

From points West of Wilmington by way of US 74/76

1. Take 421 North past the battleship.
2. At 1st light after battleship turn right and cross Isabelle Holmes bridge.
3. After crossing bridge go east on Martin Luther King expressway and past the airport.
4. At intersection of MLK and North College, turn right and proceed up North College to exit 420. Exit to the right and
5. Cross over I-40 and continue on Highway 132 past Laney High School and Trask Middle School (on right)
6. At the first traffic light past the schools, take a right on Northchase Parkway. This would be the 3rd traffic light after exiting 6 lane highway that is the beginnings of I40
7. Turn right on Corporate Drive.
8. Follow Corporate Drive into Olsen Park.

Last edited:

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
I know this has nothing to do with your thread but I was just curious to know the answer to this. http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?p=15678125#post15678125

Lady Code Red probably gonna have this on lock.........

I will replay here and on the thread that was started on this.......

While I am not familiar right off hand with this information, we do check bats and have a bat tester on site. While we cant determine on the spot if a bat has been altered, if it fails "compression" we will send it off to be tested and if found altered there are penalities that do apply. This information is public knowledge and added to the National Website....

http://freedomsports.com/index.php/players/suspensions

for everyone to view including other sanctions.

I do not know if said player in question you speak of is on that list or not. The National Site has been under construction for the last several months and I am not sure if it is up to date or not. When it is, that list should be showing an accurate list regarding this information.

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
ALL Divisions up to date as of now.... Will add and move teams from Maybe list as the week goes on so check back. Looking forward to this year's States. Will be a great time and great atmosphere just like Winter Worlds were. Good luck to all teams and see you next week............

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
just curious, but how come C gets 6 free balls w/ a $250 entry, yet the others are $300 w/ no balls?

To be honest we are trying to entice those teams to come play. Outside of Winter Worlds we have not been able to make a C tournament all year. The C division, womens and coed have all struggled if not been non-existent all year. Its a deal and decision based soley on the fact that we want teams (upper teams) to come play and try out Freedom.

Hope that helps answer the question Stretch

You guys want to come play C?

Stretch19

Grow up
fair enough...i figured that was the case but just wanted to make sure...

sure, we will play free...i mean you already told us you were waiving our entry free, why not :D

#2 @ infield

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL thats crap Stretch blackmailing the Director i seen the white out on the screen where you took our name off an put yours lol
Good luck to yall this weekend an have a safe drive down. We will see yall friday night sometime.

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
I will post more on this later when I have time but real quick : "I'm putting Johnny Blizzard and USSSA on BLAST!!!!!". Grow Up, get a life and leave other associations alone for gods sake. Like I don't have enough to do checking rosters, lining up my staff , pulling this 40 + team State Tournament together. I don't have time to call every team and reassure them that the teams I have listed are truly in my tournament. You calling them all, lying to them, and whatever other dirty tactics you are using lately to squeeze out whatever teams you can to come play has gotten ridiculous. FYI word is getting around and you are making yourself and your association look like a fool. Advertise your tournament, even call if you want, but stop lying and giving out free entries just to draw teams. It's pathetic.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
I want you to explain to me how I'm supposed to get my bats to my coach when we don't live close to one another. Can you not test a few bats Saturday? I'm not coming down a day early just to do a bat check.

fc #0

Addicted to Softballfans
I do understand your point. All teams have been aware that bat checks would be done on Friday night. It was stated that there will be no bat testing Saturday. We cannot pick and choose who we can let check their bats on saturday. It is not feasible to check 700-800 bats on Saturday morning. I apologize if this causes you any inconvenience but we have no other option.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
Hey Kevin, is there anyone on the team or another team that may be coming down Friday that lives close by you that you can give it to? They could give it to your coach down there Friday evening. Like Frank said above, it may be an inconvenience to some but hopefully you can get it to someone who may be coming down Friday. Thanks buddy.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
In all honesty I don't care because we have a bunch of team bats and I will just swing one of those. But we didn't decide until today that we were going to play freedom.

So if somebody gets hit Saturday are you going to test that bat then?

I wish we could just eliminate the failed method of compression testing and just go to crappy balls. Then the bats don't matter.

LKGRenegade22

I Be Hitting It
Also if you are checking bats Friday nights are you keeping them in a bucket or returning them back to the coaches Friday night after testing?

DixieFM0

Addicted to Softballfans
Not Talking trash, but you make it real hard for South Carolina teams to play the state. We(Carolina Thunder) enjoyed playing with you guys at the Winter Worlds, but there has not been a tournament near us. I talked to the Rock Hill/Char. area director at the winter worlds, and he assure us we have somewhere to play that we didn't have drive 2-3 hours. I know Freedom is still growing, but please have tournaments near us next year. Thanks Paul- Carolina Thunder

mihklo

Also if you are checking bats Friday nights are you keeping them in a bucket or returning them back to the coaches Friday night after testing?

if they do it like winter worlds they put a tamper proof stamp on the bat then returned it to the player then.

dixie how far are you guys from walterboro?

mihklo

Not Talking trash, but you make it real hard for South Carolina teams to play the state. We(Carolina Thunder) enjoyed playing with you guys at the Winter Worlds, but there has not been a tournament near us. I talked to the Rock Hill/Char. area director at the winter worlds, and he assure us we have somewhere to play that we didn't have drive 2-3 hours. I know Freedom is still growing, but please have tournaments near us next year. Thanks Paul- Carolina Thunder

especially when there are nsa super states the same weekend. close to 30 teams in both e and rec and another 20 or so between b/c and d

fc #0

Addicted to Softballfans

We are going to do what we can to get more into SC next year.

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
Kevin, yes the bats will be returned with a tamper proof sticker after they are tested. If a pitcher is hit during the game the bat will immediately be removed and retested on the spot. If it fails we send it off for furhter testing. If it passes, it will be returned on the spot to the owner of the bat.