Freedom Winter Worlds 2014 dates just released!!!

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
they are filling up. i booked this morning and all the Crown Reef had left were the Queen Deluxe Suits.

playing in the E with Crossfire

simpsonps121

Addicted to Softballfans
Same way that Total Impact from DE got approved to play E.... And I am sure we will see some C players playing E.

Last year Titans Reloaded got protested for their roster... They had to play D in Utrip. But Larry let them play... and they won Freedom Sports E last year.

Really not a lot that Larry can do. Teams want to play, give $380 to play... and they have plenty of excuses why they should play. He is just being a nice guy letting them play. It is up to the team to be more upfront about what they really are...

mihklo

I'd hate to see the roster that was turned away if some of these teams were approved to play down.

There's plenty he can do if he wants a young program to prosper.

You and I both know teams are always gonna play down when they're allowed.

My team was bumped after playing a half year together and winning one tourney in rec. which we have no problem with.

It'll be interesting to see what is brought from the northern teams again. Word is one of the teams from Ohio is ran by a freedom director up there.

simpsonps121

Addicted to Softballfans
Yep, teams will always play down. I only know the teams from around here...

BBS is always very good. They have done well at Worlds. But to my knowledge they have never been bumped to D. But they would play very well in D. They did well last year at Freedom Worlds. Finished 5th I think. They lost to the #1, and #2 team.

TI had a good run in 2013. They are a good squad, with a good coach. But they lost players when they were told they had to go to D.

Scores and Warpath are not rec teams, but if there are D teams in the lower, then maybe Rec is really E?

Isagenix (team that I play on) was .500 in E last year. 0-3 at Worlds. But finished out the year on a tear... Last year we went 2-3 at Freedom Winter Worlds

Burnopp Trucking registered D last year, and they played a lot of ISA. They have the most talent of all of the teams coming down. They talk about how they are getting upper level guys to play this weekend... If that is truth or not, I don't know. If the rosters are checked, it will be obvious. There are not a lot of C teams in MD...

If NJ is sending a team, they are always good too.

mihklo

That's sad you got teams splitting/dropping players so they don't have to get bumped.

Guess we will see how this goes. I'm sure we will see plenty teams with more than the 2 allowable drop downs. Hell there's a local team that I only know a few of the guys they're takin and 2 are drop downs. While I'm not too worried bout playing them though.

fc #0

Addicted to Softballfans

BBS is always very good. They have done well at Worlds. But to my knowledge they have never been bumped to D. But they would play very well in D. They did well last year at Freedom Worlds. Finished 5th I think. They lost to the #1, and #2 team.

TI had a good run in 2013. They are a good squad, with a good coach. But they lost players when they were told they had to go to D.

Scores and Warpath are not rec teams, but if there are D teams in the lower, then maybe Rec is really E?

Isagenix (team that I play on) was .500 in E last year. 0-3 at Worlds. But finished out the year on a tear... Last year we went 2-3 at Freedom Winter Worlds

Burnopp Trucking registered D last year, and they played a lot of ISA. They have the most talent of all of the teams coming down. They talk about how they are getting upper level guys to play this weekend... If that is truth or not, I don't know. If the rosters are checked, it will be obvious. There are not a lot of C teams in MD...

Burnopp Trucking is playing comp. warpath in my opinion is rec. they have played "E" for several years, but look at their records over those years. Scores I think played under a different name last year and got drilled in the lower.

Country35

Banned User
Freedom is the only assoc I know of that actually uses a criteria for bumping. I love freedom. But I count as a drop down in lower, so I dont get to play much freedom anymore.

mihklo

Burnopp Trucking is playing comp. warpath in my opinion is rec. they have played "E" for several years, but look at their records over those years. Scores I think played under a different name last year and got drilled in the lower.

Sure looks like burnopp is listed in the lower to me.

simpsonps121

Addicted to Softballfans
Is Burnopp actually playing in Comp? Were the planning to play Comp the whole time?? There is all sort of stuff being said up in MD.

They are not going down now. Their ROSTER was rejected. A PLAYER was rejected...

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
as for Crossfire we have had some roster turn over since last year. I can't say who we will have for this tournament I'm not in the know, but i do know we lost our 1-2 hitters and center and left fielders.

mihklo

Damn. That's rough. You guys were solid. Kinda odd to lose that many guys. Still odd that they reclass all the other guys that are still left to allow ya to play down.

fc #0

Addicted to Softballfans
Is Burnopp actually playing in Comp? Were the planning to play Comp the whole time?? There is all sort of stuff being said up in MD.

They are not going down now. Their ROSTER was rejected. A PLAYER was rejected...

They registered in lower. They were told they had to play comp due to their roster. As far as i know they were ok with it.

Dexb0t

Entertainer
as for Crossfire we have had some roster turn over since last year. I can't say who we will have for this tournament I'm not in the know, but i do know we lost our 1-2 hitters and center and left fielders.

A few of them playing with Dynasty full time now?

bjack25

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the breakdown on our team (TI) but you are a little misinformed. We didn't lose players because we got bumped hahahaha in fact we embrace the bump and it's exactly what we wanted. We only lost 2 players (our stud SS and his step pop) because they wanted to go and play with "friends" we've dropped a few unproductive guys and we've picked two guys who have never played tourneys before. It was my understanding that the lower comp was for high E and lower D teams and that's why I entered us into this. Larry called me the other day and mentioned we may not be able to play and why, I explained my side and even encourage him to check the history of my team and players and see that no one has ever played above E (3 yrs). If we really wanted to be deceiving it would had been simple just to change our name like so many other teams do. Either way we were ok with what ever decision the directors made and i think it serves us well that they actually took the time to evaluate our roster and players and came to the decision they did.

mihklo

So you embraced the bump....wanted the bump....yet pleaded your case to stay lower? Seems to contradict yourself.

Rec is rec
Lower is E
Comp D

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
This will be my first trip down to this but reading through this it sounds like it should be a good weekend. I'm playing on Sudden Impact.