Freezing or Microwaving Softballs?

jaburles7

Addicted to Softballfans
Ive heard stories of people freezing and or microwaving thier softballs to harden the core and make the ball fly further. Does anybody have any experience that will confirm or bust this myth?

TEDDY3

????????
old?

Ive heard stories of people freezing and or microwaving thier softballs to harden the core and make the ball fly further. Does anybody have any experience that will confirm or bust this myth?

put your balls in a cooler:eek:

dlang00001

Addicted to Softballfans
colorado uses a humidifyer to reduce the home-runs hit
in their ball park.. So I would assume heat would reduce flight
just a guess though...

jaburles7

Addicted to Softballfans
From what is being said on the internet microwaving a ball heats the core and increases the compression apon cooling.

Dinger67

Simple! Do balls fly farther during cool weather or during hot weather?

FranDog33

Coach
Simple! Do balls fly farther during cool weather or during hot weather?

weather has a correlation on distance because a cool game (usually at night) has more moisture in the air putting more friction and weight on the ball as it flys. a game played in warm weather usually sees balls travel farther because the air is less heavy and therefore the ball has less resistance when hit.

a frozen ball would make sense because the entire ball would in a sense "contract" to be a more compact and tighter ball which tends to travel farther. microwaving a ball does not make much sense to me but could work

bbomber4

Addicted to Softballfans
I've left .44/375 balls in the trunk of my car during the summer and turned them to mush. I can't see microwaving making them better.

sfoley826

Addicted to Softballfans
I've left .44/375 balls in the trunk of my car during the summer and turned them to mush. I can't see microwaving making them better.

same here they turned into a sock no matter what the comp. was on the ball. The heat just kills balls and high humidity will make them socks as well.